Bow Rail or No Bow Rail / and Update on AnnieII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bow Rail or No Bow Rail / and Update on AnnieII

I am trying to decide if I should put the bow rail and console rail back on Annie II or not?

It does serve a purpose and will look sharp when the rubrail and Stainless Steel insert go on - (need warmer weather and no rain).

What do you guys think?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Annie II Update:

Am making progress on Annie II, began wiring last night. Motor is hung,New instrument panels are made, guages and switches are installed, teak is refinished and installed, bilge pumps and switches are installed, 2 cycle tank and filler pipe installed, fuel tanks re-plumbed with individual shut off valves,fuel senders are wired, S/S thru hulls are in, scuppers are plumbed, live well is plumbed and new valve installed,bow and transom lights are installed, cleats and rod holders installed, fuse panel, circuit breaker, ground buss and battery swicth all installed, dynaplate gound plate installed thru hull for ground attached to fuel tank grounds and SS thru hulls. F/F Chartplottrer, CD Player and VHF will be dry fit and mounted tonight. When wiring is done, I'll be able to begin rigging...

Need about three solid days to finish. With the weather we have been having, it'll take me three weeks to get 3 good days!
    Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

For what my opinion is worth - I really like the way these big older Mako's look without bow rails. I'll never put one on mine. If you are not going to put a T-Top on the boat I would probably put console rail back on, it is nice for others to have something to hold on to.
    \'93 241 https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...etting-started
    \'82 224 - Mobile, AL Gone but NEVER Forgotten - https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...indshield-tank

Comment

I removed the bow rail early on from my 224. It improved the look of my boat 100% and made the boat easier to fish. Keep in mind the cocpit is fairly deep at the bow on a 224 so there is little worry of going over on this model. If your hull is only knee deep at the bow you need a rail if you are going to fish any rough water.

Comment

B,

It sounds as though your project is coming together wonderfully. Where are you installing your CD player and speakers?

She is going to look great!

Now, regarding the bow rail, I have a very selfish answer: leave it off. Why? Because I'd love to buy it from you []

I agree that the console rail is great if you are leaving her "topless"

I love the looks of the trim on the bow floor hatches, and the teak is looking very sharp. Down the road, when I replace mine with starboard (hopefully in the fall) what teak I do have is yours.
        ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

Stereo will probably be last. Re: The bow rail.... I'll let you know.

I also have an archtop/bimini and a dodger frame. Those , I will part with. Pix can be seen on my projects page.
          Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Comment

That ugly bow rail has saved my butt more than once while retrieving anchor in 3-4 footers. I think mine will stay.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Annie2

Stereo will probably be last. Re: The bow rail.... I'll let you know.

I also have an archtop/bimini and a dodger frame. Those , I will part with. Pix can be seen on my projects page.

Yeah, I would have loved the dodger, but that cost of refabricating doesnt make it worth it to me.

So where exactly is the stereo going to be mounted?
              ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

I say leave it off. I agree with others that say it interferes with the look of the boat.

Bring along a bikini-clad sorority girl to hold onto your belt if you think you're going to fall out of the boat. [}]
                \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Not sure where the CD Player is going yet.

Also. There are NO bikinis allowed on my boat. Once a woman steps off the dock to my boat, the bikini comes off too. I'm the Captain of my boat and I make the rules! [][][]

Comment

Bob;

you one tough captain, but rules are rules... I want to fish in your boat!!!!

Oh yeah, re bow rails, I say leave it off too. I love the look without.
                    Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

Leave it off ,the boat looks cleaner with out . I remomed mine 3 weeks off the show room floor .
                      jose[br]232 mako o1[br]annapolis md

Comment

Much to the dismay of my wife, my bowrail came off and will stay off. I like the sleeker look.
                        Tony C.[br]S. Daytona, FL[br]Boatless...for now[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by volsfan

Much to the dismay of my wife, my bowrail came off and will stay off. I like the sleeker look.

But what about the bikini? [8D]
                          \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Alright, This is my final offer. Any women wearing a bikini can keep either the top or the bottom on while on my boat. They can choose.

But, they can't wear both.

I'll bend the rules a little, but, lets not take this too far.

Comment

Bob, no need to bend. Rules are rules and I say those rules stay firm...... or is it me that stays firm....[;^)][(#)]
                              Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                              X