Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macerator pump:__is there a better solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macerator pump:__is there a better solution?

A macerator pump pumps the water from the fishboxes and baitwell on my boat, but it doesn't work very well. It says it's self-priming, but I have to prime it each time. And it blows a fuse unless you cut it off about a millisecond after the water is pumped out. Would a regular pump work better?
    [br]1992 Mako 241[br]2000 Yamaha 150 HPDI\'s[br]Holden Beach, NC

I just put a macerator setup on mine. I was told a diaphram pump might be a better option. If I have the troubles you are having., and I'm almost sure I will, I plan on going the diaphram pump option. I just haven't had time to shop around for $$ vs quality in the diaphram category. Keep us informed.
    Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

I'll do the shopping for you.[]

I put this unit on Hammertime's boat. I bought myself one at the same time.

Jabsco Parmax 3

http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/sto...tID~259645.htm

Comment

Thanks, Warthog. How does this pump work regarding the problems I mentioned above? It seems to me the problems I experience have to do with the fact that the pump sits much higher than the boxes it's trying to drain and that the macerator design is not strong enough to produce the necessary suction -- thus priming is need to create a vacuum. Am I correct, and does the pump you recommend resolve those issues?
        [br]1992 Mako 241[br]2000 Yamaha 150 HPDI\'s[br]Holden Beach, NC

Comment

Working...
        X