Mako history -- fill me in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako history -- fill me in

I just bought a '92 241 in great shape. (Not my first post, but close, so let me say I'm glad to be here.) The previous owner said before about 1995, Makos had much more fiberglas than later models. I'm interested in knowing what folks around here know and think about models like mine. I'm not trying to start a flame war, but I would like to know the history of the boat, and you're sure not going to find out at the Mako website that the older models are better than the newer ones!. Thanks for your comments.

Jim

Holden Beach, NC (actually Fayetteville, but that's where my boat is)

[br]1992 Mako 241[br]2000 Yamaha 150 HPDI\'s[br]Holden Beach, NC

Hookshot - I am new to the site and just became a Mako owner Sunday, however my uncle had a '96 (20 or 21) and said it was a heavy deep vee boat but nothing the Mako's of the 80's. I too am interested in what everyone else has to say.
    \'93 241 https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...etting-started
    \'82 224 - Mobile, AL Gone but NEVER Forgotten - https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...indshield-tank

Comment

Hey guys,

Use the search option and keyword 'history'. Make sure you choose to search all forums. That will give you lots of information and history on Mako.

In short most agree the Makos built before 1990 were really good tough boats. There are a few models, the 261 especially which were good through the mid to late ninties. The 241 is cut down version of the 261.

Cliff
      Columbus, Georgia[br]1973 Mako 17 angler \"Reel\'s Angler\"

Comment

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the board!

I used to live in Fayetteville too (from 83-95). I'll almost guarantee your boat was originally sold by Pages Creek Marine in Wilmington -- they were the major Mako dealer in the Carolinas up through '96. In '96 or '97 they dropped Mako and started selling Pursuit. I bought both my Mako's from them -- the Phillips' are a top-notch family. If you have any questions, give Brad a call.

I've always liked the 241 -- as Cliff said, the mold is the 261 with a "block" put in the stern to shorten the boat to 24'.

P.S. Looks like you've got a T-Top from Danny Gore -- nice top! []

Tom
        Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Comment

You will like the 241. We have had 1990 241 in the family since new. We are presently repowering her. No hesitation to invest in that hull.
          Mike[br]Manasquan Inlet NJ[br]1990 Mako 241

Comment

Beautiful Mako... I'm so jealous.[xx(]

Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Agree with Ring. Could you post a more pics
              Dan[br]Pass Christian, Ms[br](currently in Slidell, La since that little thunderstorm in 05!)

Comment

Yeah ring, she floats! ..that sure is a sharp rig you've got there, hookshot, we're drooling for more pictures!

Mark
                \'73 22 Mako Reedville, VA

Comment

Thanks, guys. Good to hear nice things about this boat. PB, I don't know about the t-top, but the boat did come from Pages Creek. I've met Brad, but I usually deal with Dallas. They are great guys and have sold several Pursuits to my friends at Holden Beach. They also sell Scouts, and Dallas hooked me up with the guy who sold me my previous boat, a 17-foot Scout. They're trying to sell it for me now. Here are some more pics. They're not great, because I took 'em with my Palm.

[br]1992 Mako 241[br]2000 Yamaha 150 HPDI\'s[br]Holden Beach, NC

Comment

So cool! Doesn't get better than that.[)][)][)]
                    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Working...
                    X