1988 Mako 221

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Mako 221

I am looking at a 1988 Mako 221 with a 1989 200hp Johnson with a E-Z load tandem axle aluminum trailer. Accessories include Lowrance fishfinder GPS; Apelco VHS radio; trim tabs. The boat is a company owned boat, has low hours but needs some TLC.

The boat is being sold via closed bid. No minimum bid, top 10 bidders get a chance to increase final bid.

The boat is located on East Coast of Florida (Stuart).

My questions are

1. What is reasonable bid for this boat?

2. Does anyone have any experience/review of this era model boat such as quality, ride, dryness, fishing,......

Thanks in advance for any advice.

According to Mako they didn't make the 221 till 89. 22'8". Fine boats.

Check it for all the typical stuff. Transom etc. 89 OMC 200 Looper is minimum power. Check Comperession etc.

Get it a cheap as you can. Given it is solid, with good trailer, but needs TLC. Company owned is big negative in my bok...no one has a vested interest in it and things slip by. No more than 9500.00.

Now if this thing is jam up and pretty.......with all the toys and they work.....recent power.....14000 - 16000, a well preserved pre 90 Mako will bring top dollar.

Comment

Thanks Alcedo for your information.

I placed my bid today....A little concerned about the 1989 Johnson power, so my initial bid was slightly below the $9500 that you mentioned.

Hopefully, the bidding will be light, and I will be a Classic Mako owner (at a bargin price) before the week is out.

The name Mako always draws a crowd so I am not overly optomistic.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X