MAKO 282 RECALL WORK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAKO 282 RECALL WORK

HAS ANYONE HAD THERE BOAT REDONE IN THE MIAMI AREA. AND WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE WORK THAT HAS BEEN DONE TO YOUR BOAT.

NEEDTOFISH,

I see this is your first post. Welcome to the forum. I don't know anything about the Miami area, but I wanted to welcome you aboard. One piece of constructive criticism: Please turn off your caps-lock; it makes you look as if you are mad and/or screaming.

I hope you have a great experience here.

Thank you,

Patrick M. Ring
    18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One - still in pieces...to be continued[br](I know it\'s not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)[br] Time\'s fun when you\'re having flies![br]president/hostmaster:[br]P.Ring Technologies[br]Cornerstone IT, LLC[br]LOUISIANA WEB HOST, LLC.[br]CompTIA Certified Professional A+/Network+ // Microsoft Registered Partner

Comment

sorry about the caps, didn't relize i was in caps.

thanks for welcoming me.

has anybody on the forum had this work done to there 282 out of the area. I just drop off my boat this week for them to do this repair. they said it was going to take about 2 weeks.

Comment

I don't know what they plan to do to repair the situation... but I sure as heck would like to know what they are planning to do... Take some before and after pixs of the bilge/transom areas so we can figure this out.
        Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

I have a friend with a '98 282 that just had the recall work done in Palm Beach. He got the boat back about a month ago (think they had it around 6 weeks.) I'll see if I can get him to jump on here and give some more insight.
          1995 Mako 221B

Comment

Thats my 98 Harleyg8r is talking bout. I did the recall service at palm beach boat sales (thats who mako pointed me to). They had the boat for 8 weeks, i was told it would take 4-6weeks. Overall, i am extremely satisfied with the recall service. Everything is derigged (pumps, motors, transducers)anything in the bilge. They grind out the old fiberglass and put a support kit in and then re-epoxy everything thicker then pre recall. Everything looks neat and tidy now. The problems i ran into with mako (and i am currently still dealing with) are the replacement of items in the bilge that they had to cut out in order to do the recall (fuel lines, thru-hull fittings etc.) I was told that there was no cost to me by both the dealer and mako, when i showed up to get the boat that wastn the case. Overall though, it's a great oppurtunity to beef up the transom and clean up your bilge.

Comment

Hello ,its a quite interesting post for me.

As a owner of a 99 282,I'm worried about the problems that I can have in the future(no problems until now),due that my english is not good enough for a total understanding when you use some tecnical words,would any body please post some pictures about the places that I have to care,(better if is possible to have pictures about a recall worck.

Thanks a lot.

HIPOLITO
              Mako 282/T 225 Optimax \"NINGUNO\"[br]Menorca Island

Comment

sorry i dont have pics of mine yet, will post if i can get some though of the finished product

Comment

knauntiboy

i was told that i would not have any out pocket expense. they were suppose to to start on my boat tuesday.

Comment

Hello !! any new information about recall worcks or pictures ??

Best Regards
                    Mako 282/T 225 Optimax \"NINGUNO\"[br]Menorca Island

Comment

Working...
                    X