mako 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mako 17

I just purchased a 78 mako 17 with a 92 johnson 88hp. The boat and motor are in good shape. Last night when I was lifting the motor the trim control switches on the throttle started shocking me. It wasn't a big shock but none the less annoying. If anyone has ever ran into this problem or knows how to fix it please let me know. thank you [email protected]
    panama city, Fl[br]1978 mako 17

One of the three wires for the switch will have the shield worn away. It usually occurs where the handle attaches to the control box. The best thing to do is replace the switch. You can also cover the bare wire with electrical tape or some of the liquid electrical tape, but that might only be a temporary solution.
    1973 Mako 22[br]Bahamas

Comment

Does your Key Lock Assembly have a rubber boot on it, salt water has a nasty habit of getting in the Tumblers and shorting stuff out. I had the same exact problem about 10 years ago so I changed to an ignition assembly that had a rubber boot with a slot in it for the key. I never have had that issue again. I see your a new boat owner so keep those questions coming, I am sure everyone here is willing to help out
      A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. [br]Northport Occupied NY[br]1989 191 w/120 Evinrude

Comment

Working...
      X