Coal tar epoxy... A few were asking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coal tar epoxy... A few were asking.

If any of you who asked about coal tar epoxy are still interested, please contact me. I have about 2 gallons left.

A 60 gallon tank takes about 1 quart for 2 coats.

Price is $10 per quart + shipping (which I am not sure of the cost there).
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Ring, I'm intrested in 2 quarts.
    1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

Comment

Roger that. I'll look into what the shipping will cost on Friday and get back to you.

Comment

ringleader,

thanks for the offer, but when i didn't hear i went and bought the 1 gallon rustoleum from grainger locally. i hope its the same but is sounds like i have enough

john
        3N2, 76 mako 23, marblehead, ma[br]

Comment

Thanks ring,I'm on stand by

Ricky [8D]
          1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

Comment

Hate to show my ignorance, but I have been pretty good at it.

What is the purpsoe of the coal tar epoxy? Does it "seal" the tank?

Used on aluminum?

Thanks
            Dan[br]Pass Christian, Ms[br](currently in Slidell, La since that little thunderstorm in 05!)

Comment

Has many applications,sealing the tank is just one of the many uses.Aluminum is prone to galvanic corrosion especially when there is lack of oxygen and moisture is present or trapped next to the aluminum.As is the case of some boat tanks surrounded by wet foam.Other things corrode aluminum as well like certain metals and rubbers.Coal tar epoxy inhibits all of the above from corroding the aluminum particularly in a wet moist enviorment.A good soure of freash air (vent) to the tank coffin is ideal.A question not asked is ignorant, hope this helps

Comment

Thank you for the response - great info.

Will use when replace tank
                Dan[br]Pass Christian, Ms[br](currently in Slidell, La since that little thunderstorm in 05!)

Comment

Hey Ring ,Did you get that shipping charge? I 'm ready to send you the moolah,just let me know,Thanks

Ricky

Comment

Another thing I didn't get taken care of. I had a Saturday morning bonzai run 3 hours away and then back to deliver some lumber to my dad's hunting camp (thats what you get when you have a pick-up truck). I will get on it this week! Sorry![B)]

Comment

You sound like me ,You better take a break before it all adds up and gets ya.I'm at that point right now, I'm not doing anything for a while,then again I tried that and I don't know whats worse, to much or too little,probably best some where in between [:-(][]

Comment

I have the stuff put into the quart cans and I am still trying to find some time to get over to the Shipping Place to get an estimate on shipping. Please hang tight. Maybe this weekend I can get over there.

Comment

Tank is already epoxy coated and installed on the 17,I'm looking for a 21-25 right now.Thanks anyway

Comment

Working...
                          X