Boy, that came out real nice!

[]Gonna be kinda tough to tow behind that Mini[]
          1982 224 w/200 \'Rude[br]Andover, CT

Comment

Fine looking boat Bob.[8D]
            Tim[br]1981 19 (project)[br]prior 1978 17 angler (sold)[br]

Comment

Thanks Guys,

It's nice to have her back. She'll be done and in the water in about three weeks. That is - if it stops raining.

The rubrail arrived today, 980-R with SS insert. That stuff aint cheap. Good thing Hamilton Marine is only 3/4 mile from my office.

Stay tuned.

Thanks to Bobby for posting the pix.

bc
              Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Comment

I was wondering if anyone would notice my wife's Mini Cooper in the pix above.

I enjoy my boat as much as she does that Mini. I restored a 69 Mini Cooper a few years back, every nut and bolt, gasket, etc. It won several shows and was in a few Magazines including some magazines in England. The 69 Mini is retired- I sold it, and lives on a pedastal in a showroom for a Specialty Auto Dealer. It was fun , but, not even in the same league as this BMW Mini Cooper.

If you ever get a chance to drive one you should. It'll make you smile and the Cooper S with the Super charger will pin your ears back and has more guts than I do. It just goes, any direction , as fast as you want and will NOT lean - NONE. All that performance and 38mpg too.

Drive one and see what I mean! Now if I could just get it to tow the boat. [(#)]
                Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Comment

Great looking boat. Hard to believe it's a 79! What kind of paint did you use?
                  Sarasota, Florida

Comment

Awlgrip:

Vivid Red

Ingignia White

Whisper Gray

Bottom paint is : Ceramcote, White. Normally used on Hot Tubs and Swimming Pools. Very, very slippery and can be left in the saltwater for up to 6 weeks without fungal growth, etc.!

Comment

she sure is puuuuuuuuurty! that is one awesome looking boat!
                      Grant[br]87 21b 97 Suzuki DT200[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23633[br]New Orleans, LA[br][email protected]

Comment

I could not find any info on Ceramcote. Is there a website for it?
                        Sarasota, Florida

Comment

Great job Bob. I love the water line stripes. Very unique. The rub rail will really set everything off.
                          Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

Here is the link to Ceramkote.

http://www.ceram-kote.com/index.html

Comment

IMPRESSIVE!!!

where did you have the ID placard made?
                              Past:[br]1988 Mako 230[br]1987 Mako 20C (best of them all)[br][br]1974 Mako 15[br]Miami, FL[br]

Comment

Working...
                              X