Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie....1st. Post!

Hello,

This is my first post at ClassicMako.com! Although I do not own a classic model, I picked up my 1996 19' yesterday. I am really pumped about this boat. But first here is some prior backround with my Mako experience.

I have owned too many boats to list however, one of them was a 1969 19' I went in with my dad. The boat was brand new at the time with a something hp Evinrude. I remember it being a wet but awsomly solid boat. I think the price was somewhere around 2k.

The Mako I just purchased, now with my son is as described above with a 96 150 hp Yamaha. Options are T-Top with full enclosures, electronics box, the usual vhf & fishfinder, spray hood, salt water washdown, live bait well, compass, bow cushions, ect. She needs some TLC, a major detailing and thats it. I'll be looking for some new Mako decals and a new boot stripe. Guess ebay would work, unless you guys have other sugestions?

At times I'll be lurking around this great forum for Mako info. Here is a pic of her. I'll post a full set later on when I get them. Thanks, Paul.

[img][/img]

Welcome Aboard Paul. Please post your hometown/state in your siginature box. You will find this under your "Profile". It's at the top right of the page.[]

Comment

I might be able to get you set up on some decals and stripe. Do you have some close up pics of what you currently have?

Comment

Ron,

Do you have access to the original stripe. This is the stripe along the water line?
        Larry Smith[br]Pasadena, Tx[br]\'97 Mako 191

Comment

Welcome aboard![]
          Tony C.[br]S. Daytona, FL[br]Boatless...for now[br]

Comment

Thanks all to a friendly welcome!

Ron here are some pics I just took. The boot stripe is made up of four or five 1/4" teal in color stripes with maybe a 3/4" black stripe below it. As far as the "Ocean Spray Marine" decal goes thats chewed up on the port side, was a dealer located in Bellmore, NY that sold Makos. I think that they went out of bizz. Not sure. I just can replace that with a mako shark logo with Mako Marine in writing. Saw it on ebay. Here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Comment

Paul,

I cannot help on the decal or stripe, but I was looking at the images and noticed the big stainless steel plate on the transom. Did the previous owner tell you why that was there. I'm not sure that was factory and would be careful to make sure (however it's secured) that the fasteners are sealed to prevent water intrusion.

I like the layout of your boat.

Just my babblings.

David M
              Current Mqko - 1990 Mako 211 w/2006 250 E-TEC. http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6226. [br]- Previous Makos 1987 20C, 1979 23\' IB, 1970s 17 Angler

Comment

Thanks Dave. I bought boat from orig. owner. When he was rigging the boat he wanted the plate on for added strength...?. Your thoughts was my thoughts when I saw the plate. However, it's completely sealed all round including engine brackets thru-bolts with a PL5200 material.

Comment

Paul,

Did you by any chance buy this boat from a guy who was keeping it out in Montauk? Looks very similar to a boat I saw out there last season.
                  NYC & L.I. - 1974 \"Classic\" Mako 20\' - Suzuki 2006 DF150 - Fly & Light Tackle, C&R[br]My boat: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23444#159594[br]Personal website: http://www.georgemcauliffe.com/

Comment

Hi Biff, Boat has never been in Montauk...to my knowledge. Always a local west end Nassau boat.

Comment

Welcome Paul

I only joined myself about a month ago and these guys are full of usefull information.

I bought my 19 about 15 years ago from South Shore Boats in WHB, it's Surf 3 now.

Anyway keep an eye on the posts always good info.

Sean
                      A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. [br]Northport Occupied NY[br]1989 191 w/120 Evinrude

Comment

Working...
                      X