Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1979 19ft Mako

Hello all,

I am in the beginning process of selling my Mako (as much as it kills me - I just don't use it enough to keep it around). Anyway, one of the issues that I had at the end of last year was there was some water in the fuel tank (as well as some other black gook). My idea was to clean out the fuel tank, but what I thought was the access panel to the fuel tank turned out to just were the hoses connect to the fuel tank. My questions are, does anyone know how to get to the fuel tank to clean it out? Am I going to have to remove the CC to open the large hatchway? And my last question, is this worth it?

Sorry for all the questions and jabbering, just looking to get the most for the boat.

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Tony-

Where are you located and what are the particulars of your boat?

Thanks.

W
    It\'s a Mako.[br]\'82 20B,\'90 E-150[br]Woodbridge, CT

Comment

I am located in Seymour, CT. I have a 1979 19ft Mako powered with a 2003 90hp Salt Water Series Merc. The hull is still in fairly good shape. I just need to find a way to clean out the fuel tank. I have searched the internet and can not find any information on how this can be done.

Comment

The only way to get at the tank is thru the tank cell cover under the center console. I had the same problem, and made a tank cover with access to the fuel tank gauge/suction lines in case it ever happened again.

Good luck,

Doug Ewing

1972 Mako19
        Doug [br]1972 Mako 19 [br]1990 Mako 211[br]Old Saybrook, CT[br]

Comment

Working...
        X