E-tec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-tec

Has anyone heard when evinrude is going to make the E-tec's in 150hp.
    solid action[br]Texas city, Tx[br]Mako 25[br]

Yes...saw them at the Miami boat show

Comment

Are they gonna have the 115hp, 150hp and 175hp? Thought I heard that through the grapevine. Late this summer?
      Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

I also hear that Suzuki will have a 150 by late summer. Then we have something to compare to. Yammies, Hondas, Suzis and Erudes all with 4 stroke 150s.

Tom
        Tom[br]Pompano Beach, Florida[br]1976 25\' Mako[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by tsawyer

I also hear that Suzuki will have a 150 by late summer. Then we have something to compare to. Yammies, Hondas, Suzis and Erudes all with 4 stroke 150s.

Tom,

The Evinrude E-TEC is a two stroke, not 4 stroke. Johnson has the 4 stroke offerings, which I beleive are Suzuki based and there is no 150hp 4 stroke in today's lineup.

David M
          Current Mqko - 1990 Mako 211 w/2006 250 E-TEC. http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6226. [br]- Previous Makos 1987 20C, 1979 23\' IB, 1970s 17 Angler

Comment

150hp etec should be out in about four months.
            1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
            1985 Mako 20c - sold
            Fort Walton Beach, FL
            http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

True there isn't a 150 4 stroke yet by Suzuki, but there is a 150 hp 4 stroke due out by late summer. I'm not sure, but was told by a Evinrude/Johnson dealer that they might not be continuing the Johnson 140 4 stroke (Suzuki's engine). I'd guess they are either going to use the new 150 or drop it for the 150 etec when it comes out.

Comment

I just ordered two 2006 90 Etecs. I got the 06 catalog. For 2006 there are a host of new midrange Etecs. 115 and 130 based on the 60 degree V-4 block. Also, 150, 175, and 200 based on the 60 degree V-6 block. So, yes there's a smaller, lighter 200hp. Then of course were the 200 HP, 225, 250 big blocks. Pretty impressive lineup.[:0]
                John[br]Lafayette, La[br]

Comment

CONTACT FRED LESTER 713 921 0511 OR ACIE STRINGFIELD 281 339 3871 FOR STRAIGHT SCOOP AND WHEN THEY ARE TO BE REALEASED. PROBABLY BE SOME GOOD DEALS ON LEFT OVER DI'S.
                  OVER BUDGET[br]PEARLAND TX

Comment

Someone here in Houma, LA has a 90HP E-Tec a few block from me.

-Pat.
                    18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One - still in pieces...to be continued[br](I know it\'s not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)[br] Time\'s fun when you\'re having flies![br]president/hostmaster:[br]P.Ring Technologies[br]Cornerstone IT, LLC[br]LOUISIANA WEB HOST, LLC.[br]CompTIA Certified Professional A+/Network+ // Microsoft Registered Partner

Comment

www.evinrude.com has the new E-tecs up.

Including the 150 - 175 - 200s.

Comment

We just got a 15 ft. zodiac with a 50 E-TEC and it's the best engine I've ever seen. It has far more power than any 4 stroke, after all it's a 2, but it has the fuel eff. of a 4 stroke. The engine moves, going from cruising speed full, you have to be ready, it has pop at every RPM. It's clearly the way to go

Comment

Working...
                        X