fuel fills in new era Makos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel fills in new era Makos

Has anyone seen the combination fuel-vent fills that many boat makers are using now, being used in any Makos with the setup in the console for filling the tanks? Thanks in advance for any information on this issue.

Example:

I bought one like that for my console redo
    1983 21b[br]Waveland,MS

Comment

Who is selling them? What are they made out of?? SS, Chrome over Brass or Plastic?
      1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Comment

mine is plastic and I got it from a local store but I have seen them all over the web
        1983 21b[br]Waveland,MS

Comment

Is this what your looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=31286 dave[]
          85 McKee Waccamaw[br]84 Johnson 90[br]West Creek NJ[br] [br]

Comment

I am inquiring about Makos being built in Forrest City area, with fuel fills mounted on the console.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Oyster

I am inquiring about Makos being built in Forrest City area, with fuel fills mounted on the console.

I don't beleive any of the current Mako's we build here in Forest City have a fuel fill in the console.

Comment

Thank you for the response. There are some new fiberglass hulls, in general, with just the arrangement, but there has also been some scuttlebutt about some CG regulations dealing with these setups. Its been a while since I have read and had any dealings with new building in small craft commercially, and had seen several posts from some representatives and boat owners of the new operations bringing about a inquiry here for simplicity.

Comment

My father-in-law had a boat a few years back with one of those... It was miserable. Sucker would blow gas all over you when it even got close to full. Gimme the old vent on the hull side and regular SS fuel fill anyday.
                  Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by RingLeader

My father-in-law had a boat a few years back with one of those... It was miserable. Sucker would blow gas all over you when it even got close to full. Gimme the old vent on the hull side and regular SS fuel fill anyday.

The one most single problem with overboard discharges now, is the good old problem with the vent heights and venting with expansion, in a full tank in summer time, and overfilling in a populated area with CG and some hysterical enviromentalists while boats sit in the water. In small craft, and sealed self bailing decks with no covering boards, these are being used for in deck tanks to gain added fuel quanity. This setup deals with both problems in this Mako hull.

Comment

There was an article in the last Boatus magazine about devices like this that can help prevent spills. The overall result was that the in line fuel separators work better.

http://my.boatus.com/boatus_mag/b03_05/33.asp

I'm not sure if that link will work for everyone.

Tom
                      Tom[br]Pompano Beach, Florida[br]1976 25\' Mako[br]

Comment

The existing fuel fill requires the fuel line and vent to be run under the decking through foam and a chase built strickly for the job. If you eliminate the 90 degree elbow on the top of the tank and the pickups for the gas, raise the top of the new fuel tank up filling in the dead space of the coffin, and do a straight fill up to the top or side of the console, you gain 12 gallon +- in added gross amount in this setup of gas without doing anything else. Also the salt water has traveled down the fill pipe from the covering boards from improper bedding compound.

This is my intention and interest in using this type fill. The inline preventers have created some additional problems in the summer time for us. I thought I had read somewhere, some updates, there has been some restrictions in the filling of the gas through this method on some boats, calling for my original post. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X