1980 mako flats boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 mako flats boat

I scored this 1980 mako flats boat several months ago. The previous owner had carpet all over it and I removed it and have it freshly polished and ready to go. Have put all new pumps, wiring, etc. all the way through it. Has hydraulic jack plate, hydraulic steering, and trim tabs. Runs in very shallow water. Has poling platform. I was told that very few of these were made as a test market that year. Mako never went into production if I was told correctly. When the seats are foled in down position, it is a flat deck from the bow all the way to the stern. One large fish box, large rod storage compartment, two livewells, baitwell in rear, dry storage. All compartments are waterproof. Plastic mako decals on sides of boat read Mako18.
    Hawkinsville, GA

Hawkinsville, GA

Comment

Hawkinsville, GA

Comment

Hawkinsville, GA

Comment

I would love suggestions on what to name this boat. My offshore boat is an angler and is called FISHical Therapy because me and the wife are physical therapists. I would like something to do with Mako and maybe being a flats boat.
          Hawkinsville, GA

Comment

Congrats - Glad to see you found your way here!
            1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
            1985 Mako 20c - sold
            Fort Walton Beach, FL
            http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Welcome Aboard dawgdaze.

Please add your hometown.state in your siginature box. You will find this in your Profile at the top right of the page.[]

I see you have learned to post pix's. Let me see if I can help you get better at it. You don't need to post just one pix for each post.

You can do it all on the same post. Once you post one pix, hit the "Enter" key on your keyboard twice between each pix. It keep's them from all running together and just post the next pix. Hit "Enter" twice and post the next one, etc,etc.

Now on the size. We want to see them.[:x)]

Use your camera software on your computer that came with your camera to make the pix's 640X480 or aprox. 100K in size.

Right now they are 160X120 or 5.64K.

There were few of the boat's built, because it was so involved to build them.

Here's some imfo on them. Good score by the way.

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...BackCountry,20

[]

Comment

OK. I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to resize pics. I will take some more tomorrow with the pic size larger. Thanks for the help.
                Hawkinsville, GA

Comment

No your not,Joseph. Actually your in the top 80% already.[]

You got your hometown/state on cue.[)][)]

Comment

Congrats on the new Mako...I found out some additional information while I was on my way back from a fishing trip in the Keys the other day concerning this design. On two separate instances, my boat was approached and I was told that the design was by a guy named Perdue. He was a guide in the Keys in the 70's and 80's and he had Mako make this boat for him. Locally it's called a "Perdue" and they are quite popular even though they are so rare. Mine is a 1979 with a full beam polling platform by Maverick. I have been asked to sell it by guides who were in a $60K Egret, (built by Scott Flemming). I just installed a Great White trolling motor on mine. Check out my pics on this site...

[8D]
                    Captain Scott[br][email protected][br]Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comment

Dawgdaze I was here almost a year before I was able to post pics. Id say your doing fine. We are always learning, last night my son Tim showed me how to work the spellchecker at the top of the tool bar. I was impressed to say the least.[)][)] BTW great looking classic mako you got there. looking forward to more pics. dave.
                      [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Wasn't there a yellow one like this in the classifeds not too long ago? I tried finding it, but couldn't. The owner might be a resource to you.
                        Sarasota, Florida

Comment

Dawg, welcome. You've definately got a rare boat.

Search "backcountry" and you'll find a few.

Here's the one that was in the Classifieds:

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...ms=backcountry
                          \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

That boat was refered to as a cabinet boat. Don't know too much about it but saw one in Key Largo awhile back. I had a Mako Perdue-Dean 18' years ago. That is not the same boat. Don't know if Perdue also had something to do with yours or not. By the way, the boatyard at Ocean Reef is (was?) Perdue-Dean Marina, they could probably confirm.
                            Richard[br]Miami[br]Pearson Flyer 30

Comment

Working...
                            X