Need advice on selling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on selling

I just moved up to 231 a few weeks ago and I am putting my motor from my 21 on my new boat. This leaves me with a 1979 21 that at the moment does not have power on it and a 1987 225hp evenrude with out a boat. My mechanic is trying to talk me into selling each seperatly and is wiling to sell the motor from his shop. I am on the fence about which route to take. I know that a mako with a running motor will sell. I am not sure what the market for a boat without power is like. The boat is soild to my knowledge but is in need of a restoration to make her right. I decided I wanted a little bigger so opted not to put in the money. I also live in a HOA nazi type neighborhood where I can not do the work. What are your opinions. Should I sell sepertate or do I need to put that 225 on her to sell. The mechanic is real busy and does not want to rig it but will if that is the route I want to go.I need to sell soon so I can finish up the 23 and start using her.[)][)][)][)]
    1987 231 with 200 Yamaha[br]Stuart, Fl

Why not try and sell the hull first for what you think it is worth and if it doesn't sell, then put the motor on it and sell together? I'm sure the motor will sell quick and if you sell it first you don't have the option of selling them together.
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Its all about liability...mechanic does not want to hang the motor (If I recall, max on a 21 is 200?) b/c if overpowered, he who hangs it is liable down the road should there ever be any kind of accident.

That goes for you as well....so food for thought.
      1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Comment

There are tons of people out there looking for hulls without power they either have a motor or want brand new-- same goes for the motor there are plenty of people with hulls or hulls with spent power that are looking for good used power -- i agree with the others you may have an over power issue with combining the two things you have.
        1991 18 ft parker[br]previous mako 1989 240[br]1989 231[br]1974 20.... whats left of it

Comment

That boat is rated for 230 hp, I would sell them as a package if your 21 is still rigged for omc. I believe a complete package will bring you more money. I have been jockying boats for 20 years. This is just my experience is all. I hardly ever sell a loose motor, or good powerless hull. dave.
          [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Package.......Boat might go for 3500. Motor you may not be able to sell at all.

As a package , if everything is solid, should bring upwards of 8-10 K.

Comment

I agree.....you will get more if you sell them together.

Comment

I agree with Dave. Sell it a s a running boat and let them repower for their own needs..

Comment

Working...
                X