Boat went down in Pensacola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat went down in Pensacola

Just heard on the 5:00 news. A diver found the boat on the bottom on the Russian Freighter a well known wreck off of Pensacola. A young couple were on the boat. They haven't found them yet. This happened late yesterday.

Sad news indeed... They will ALSo be in my prayers tonite...

Anyone ever hear the outcome of the capsizing in Freeport, TX, where 3 guys & a dog went missing? I believe the boat was found capsized and floating about 30 miles off-shore, and was identified as a 28ft Mako, with a hole in it?
    Working for a livin\' is HIGHLY Over-Rated...[][br]

Comment

They have yet to find the guys off Texas. The boat has been recovered and it had a crack in the keel. It's been more than a week now and no sign of them.
      Houston, TX[br]1975 Mako 23

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Bwana64

They have yet to find the guys off Texas. The boat has been recovered and it had a crack in the keel. It's been more than a week now and no sign of them.

Bwana64,

Thanx for the info... Not what I was hoping to hear, but reality ain't always what we're wanting. Thier families remain in my prayers as well...
        Working for a livin\' is HIGHLY Over-Rated...[][br]

Comment

Note the last sentence from the local TV web site:

http://www.weartv.com/

The Coast Guard is searching today for a Pensacola couple aboard a 21-foot pleasure craft who failed to return from a fishing trip south of Pensacola Monday evening.

Missing are Steve Garst, 27, and his fiance Lori Ullery, 20.

The Coast Guard was notified at about 9:30 p.m. Monday by Garst's father who stated the couple had not arrived home as planned from a fishing trip approximately nine miles south of Pensacola.

The Coast Guard launched rescue boatcrews aboard a 41-foot and a 25-foot rescue boats from Coast Guard Station Pensacola and an HU-25 Falcon rescue jetcrew from Coast Guard Aviation Training Center Mobile, Ala.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is also assisting in the search.

The couple was last seen aboard a 21-foot Christ Craft with a blue hull. The Coast Guard was alerted in a timely manner because the couple filed a float plan with a relative.
          1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
          1985 Mako 20c - sold
          Fort Walton Beach, FL
          http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

The 6:00 news said that Lori Ullery, 20, body had washed up on the beach. Hyprothermoia.

Comment

How does a 21 foot boat sink? Aren't they built with foam flotation or was this and older wooden hull?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by ob1jeeper

Sad news indeed... They will ALSo be in my prayers tonite...

Anyone ever hear the outcome of the capsizing in Freeport, TX, where 3 guys & a dog went missing? I believe the boat was found capsized and floating about 30 miles off-shore, and was identified as a 28ft Mako, with a hole in it?

I live less than a mile from the man that owns the MAKO,its in his

driveway on the trailer with yellow ribbons on the bow (sad). I haven't heard any thing new, if I do I'll post it here.[V]

Jerry
                1972 Mako 23 I/O project[br]1988 Aquasport 22-2 XF complete.[br]Southeast Houston,TX

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by plywood

How does a 21 foot boat sink? Aren't they built with foam flotation or was this and older wooden hull?

Not all boats have foam. In fact the foam in your Mako will only keep part of the hull above water, normally the bow - and upside down. I don't know about Chris Crafts but depending on if this was a center console or some other type of boat, they can go down surprisingly quick when you aren't aware that the bilge is filling with water.
                  1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                  1985 Mako 20c - sold
                  Fort Walton Beach, FL

Comment

The report said it was a center console. No brand name was mentioned.

Comment

5:00 news sayed according to the diver that went down and found the boat on the bottom, that the boat appeared to be anchored by the stern.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by warthog5

The report said it was a center console. No brand name was mentioned.

Wear website listed it as a Chris Craft. They probably won't say that on the news so it doesn't appear they stating that those boats are bad...especially if they tried to anchor stern up.
                        1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                        1985 Mako 20c - sold
                        Fort Walton Beach, FL

Comment

I noticed this on the weartv.com site:

http://www.weartv.com/news/Stories/a...loatplan.shtml

I'm glad to see this is being pushed.
                          18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One - still in pieces...to be continued[br](I know it\'s not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)[br] Time\'s fun when you\'re having flies![br]president/hostmaster:[br]P.Ring Technologies[br]Cornerstone IT, LLC[br]LOUISIANA WEB HOST, LLC.[br]CompTIA Certified Professional A+/Network+ // Microsoft Registered Partner

Comment

Anchored from the stern...
                            ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

Working...
                            X