1992Mako 26ft cc w/1999merc 150's, 333hrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992Mako 26ft cc w/1999merc 150's, 333hrs

I am looking at buying a 1992Mako 26ft cc with twin merc 150's,333hrs on them. The boat is also fully loaded with lots of extras; GPS, radios, triple axle trailer ect. It is in great shape. Priced at about $30,000. I am far from a boat expert and was wondering if someone could give me some input on weather this would be a good purchase. Mainly the engines. Thanks.

Hmmm... I'm sure others would have a different opinion, but that price sounds steep to me. Granted it is a 26 foot boat with twins on the back, let's do some simplistic math based on (well)USED parts...

Basic 26ft hull: $12000

2 Used merc 150's (333 hrs): $6000

3 axle trailer: $3000

full electronics: $3000

everything assembled: $1500

===================================

$25500

That's my take. If the seller would be willing to drop a few thousand, it would make the deal pretty sweet. I don't know what kind of shape the hull is in, but that part makes the boat! I feel I was generous on what I'd estimate the parts at, but that's my opinion. I'd shoot for the $25000 realm myself.

-Pat.
    18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One - still in pieces...to be continued[br](I know it\'s not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)[br] Time\'s fun when you\'re having flies![br]president/hostmaster:[br]P.Ring Technologies[br]Cornerstone IT, LLC[br]LOUISIANA WEB HOST, LLC.[br]CompTIA Certified Professional A+/Network+ // Microsoft Registered Partner

Comment

Thanks for the input. That is kind of what I was thinking.

Comment

If that boat doesn't have a bracket I would be looking at no more than 20 K .
        1992 261B[br]Beaufort SC

Comment

Yep it will be a 261B if it has full transom and a bracket. Worth much more IMHO.

Comment

Reelgator, your boats not for sale is it?
            i[br] i[br] i[br] j <\'))))>{ [br]Greenwood/Mt Pleasant,SC

Comment

thanks for the input. i checked it is a 261b.

Comment

Great, Spend about $300 and get it surveyed.

Comment

I'm with cyclops. Except unless brand new, consider the electronics close to worthless.

That thing isn't exactly going to set any speed records with only 150s on it either.
                  1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Comment

Working...
                  X