hatch for cabin question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hatch for cabin question

my 240 cuddy has no hatch -- i get no air movement through the cabin hot as hell in there in the summer -- here is the question-- my cabin roof has a curve to it the hatches ive looked at are flat -- do they make a curved hatch?? will it pull down to conform and still be watertight or does a shim need to be fabricated to allow for the curve. i want a fairly small hatch.
    1991 18 ft parker[br]previous mako 1989 240[br]1989 231[br]1974 20.... whats left of it

Oh there is one out there that has the camber of the cuddy top made into it. I have one. The whole thig is cast alum. It is a super nice hatch, but it's not for the faint at heart. $800 thru Hamiliton Marine.

As you can see from the pix's, the hardware is much, much better than those plastic hatch's with the arm's that extend and you twist them to make it hold the hatch open.

Comment

i was hoping i would get an answer back from you wart you always put forth an effort to help so many people on this forum -i was hoping to spend a bit less since i am in the process of putting on a windlass for the old girl -- but i also know that i do not want a wet cabin after a rain or rough day on the water. by the way i have decided to get a little help from a local fiberglass guy to help with my hard top rebuild-- i had a dream that it would still be unfinished when boating season gets here in the next feww weeks -- he sais he would knock it out in a few days i have other smaller projects that i want to tackle on the boat i appreciate all the advise and direction -- even if i do not do myself i can at least talk to local marinas here that do the work and have more knowledge- to know that i am not getting screwed
      1991 18 ft parker[br]previous mako 1989 240[br]1989 231[br]1974 20.... whats left of it

Comment

What's the glass guy going to recore with? Is he going to vacuum bag it?

Are you going to put any places in it to thru bolt stuff using this methiod? http://bertram31.com/proj/tips/sleeving.htm

I use this methiod all the time. Even if it's a wood core. It protect's the wood if the fastner is not sealed good or the sealer break's down.

It keep's from crushing the core if a PVC core is used.

Comment

after the core is put in we are going to add two 6 inch wide ribs across the bottom -- the only thing i will be putting up there will be my antena and my gps shroom i like the suggestion you made i am printing that link and will follow that method ..he is doing the major work and i will be doing the finish work filling old holes -- and awgripping it.

Comment

Working...
          X