No expierience with fiberglass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No expierience with fiberglass

I've got 45oz.,24oz.,and 6oz.,biaxle mat what are these good for as far as boat repair and building? Can I expect a professional outcome in any of the uses, provided I follow explicit direction?

thankyou
    1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

try "The fiberglass boat repair manual" by Allan Vaitses.

1808 is a good weight of biax to work with. The heavier stuff tries to bridge corners too much. The light stuff is good but will require more layers and ends up more money.

Probably ought to have all this down pat before making any cuts. just my .02[:u]
    Richard[br]Miami[br]Pearson Flyer 30

Comment

If what you are doing is going to show on a deck, hullside, or cockpit etc... be sure to use a layer of chop strand mat over the biaxle or triaxle cloth. The these cloths will eventually "print thru" which will leave you with a visible pattern of what ever you use under the gelcoat or paint/primer, the chop strand mat will provide a better finishing side that will show a lot less "print thru".

Comment

rick,

gimme a call, i got several books on that subject, plus im nad deep in it as well.

danny

757 652 3886
        dan davis [br] va beach, va

Comment

Danny,whats up bra? thanks man I'll give ya a call tommorrow. It's like a mini hurricane out ther ugh? You navigating that tanker O'K?
          1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

Comment

Working...
          X