deck plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deck plates

Has anyone had difficulties replacing the deck plates with an Armstrong 10" plate? Just want to be prepared...

Thanks!
    1985 21B[br]Southern New Jersey

the deck plates measure 10" OD and 8" ID...the armstrong folks said this was the old size and that they had some availabel but this size is not the typical.

Though everyone should know it is not a current size and the Armstrong folks were very nice.

MMNuts........

Comment

These are the folks that made the plates for the older Mako boats, Nice to deal witth. I got a set of seals from them.........

http://www.beeker.com/

Comment

I think he ment http://beckson.com/

The link he posted is to some strange guys website.[][][]

Its www.beckson.com HA ha ha ha!!!!!!! Check out the link he posted.....funny stuff[^]

Comment

to the top for the deck plate issue...I haven't received my plates yet but when I do I 'll post on how easy/hard it was to fit them in.

Comment

Shit......sorry bout that guys [xx(]........yes I meant Beckson.........

Dude at that site is kinda strange..........[:x)].

Comment

I just replaced my old west marine deck plate. It was leaking into my bilge for the longest time. I ordered the 10", cut the new hole and it works like a champ. No more water. I could not be happier.
              1984 238[br]Mission Viejo, California

Comment

I am hoping that the plates are my problem too...still no plates receieved in the mail...weather is beautiful on east coast and now is the time to get these items completed.

Comment

Beckson sent me some new O rings, fixed my leaking.

Comment

i just cut out my old piehole for my bilge with the intention of

replacing it with a 10x20 armstrong. the underside of my deck is

uneven so i had to grind away to enable the armstrong's clamp arms to fit. then there was the problem with the camber of the deck. i started to sand away some more but am taking a few days to ponder the situation before i proceed. i am tired of having a wet bilge and limited access. unless i can get some inspiration/advice i may have to purchase a bomar, tempress, or t-h hatch to fit. i will post some pics later tonight. joe
                    91 17 standard[br]mt pleasant sc[br]115 yamaha[br]got mako?[br]

Comment

i am going to move this to the projects page as you folks are talking about the round plates and i am dealing with the larger 10x20 hatch. pictures will be there. thanks
                      91 17 standard[br]mt pleasant sc[br]115 yamaha[br]got mako?[br]

Comment

deck plates arrived...at first I thought 'how the hell are these going to work'...but after a dose of sanity, I took the plates over to the boat to test them out. They fit correctly and now I realize why some folks were saying that they struggled to install them flush to the deck. I really don't care because of where they are located as long as they don't leak!

So as soon as we see some sunshine here on the east coast, I'll remove the old plates, fill in some holes, and screw down the new plates (oopps, no metal screws, just a turn of the knob!)

Comment

Working...
                        X