1973 19'cc 140hp Ev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1973 19'cc 140hp Ev

I am thinking seriously of buying a 1973 19' Mako with a 1990 140hp Evinrude outboard... even my wife thinks it may be a good idea.

Hull is cosmetically excellent. Fuel tank already replaced. Steering is not hydraulic. Owner says his mechanic says motor is strong... all maintenance done by pro. Head gaskets replaced and almost everything inside is new. EZ Loader trailer. Boat was well taken care of, at least by present owner.

I will have a surveyor check it over, but I wonder what you might think I (and he) should be on the lookout for. Where are the most likely spots in the deck that might be soft? Is there anything you can think of about this year/model I should be aware of? What kind of money range is fair for this setup? I'll be running it in the sound here in CT.

Warthog has already given me a few good ideas on this. (Thanks!) I'll be very grateful to get anyone else's thoughts on this opportunity and I'll post to let you know when I really become a Mako owner rather than a Mako wannabe.

Thanks!

Win Davis
    It\'s a Mako.[br]\'82 20B,\'90 E-150[br]Woodbridge, CT

You've overcome the biggest hurdle having the admiral on board. I'm sure if she has a sister you could pawn her off here for a really good price... [88][88][88][]

If the floor is soft, it will be around screw holes. Console mounting, T-Top mounting, leaning post, etc... The surveyor is a great idea. Money well spent.

Good luck and welcome to the club !
    Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

Working...
    X