Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Place to Order Rubrail

Annie II will be out of the paint shop and in my yard Saturday.[88][][]

I need to order Rubrail. Where is the best place to order it and will 50' be enough? Or if careful, could I re-use the old rubrail?

Thanks-

bc
    Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Have you looked down the street @ Hamilton Marine? They have one of the best selection's.

Comment

Doh ! Ooops. Didn't even think of that.

For some reason I was thinking that they wouldn't have that kind of of item... not sure why I thought that ¿?

I checked their website and they have what I want.

Will go to the store this week...

thanks for shakin my memory loose.
      Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Comment

I got mine here at go2marine.com. http://www.go2marine.com/frameset.js...nlineStore.jsp I recieved it in a few days and the price was pretty good. when there just do a search for flexible rubrails.
        Bayport, NY[br]1979 Mako 25\'

Comment

I got mine at Hamilton. Great stuff, and great price. The "flexible" was extremely easy to work with.
          \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Bob,

I was in the same boat (no pun intended) about 5 years ago. I changed the color on my boat from the ugly brown to the blue that came on newer Makos. I got a price from Hudson Marine and just about fell over when the guy told me $12.50 per foot. I did some homework and found the OEM supplier for Mako and was able to tack my order onto a production run then had slated the same month. I wound up paying $2.50 per foot which included the insert. Here are the details:

Uniflex Rubrail

Barbour Plastics Inc.

932 N Montello St

Brockton, MA

(508)583-8200 (there may have been an area code change)

I'm not sure if it's "proper" to post the phone number.,

They have 15 different profiles and you may be able to alternate the insert color, depending on what they are running. They do have a min lot size, but with the number of people on this site, I'm sure a group buy could be made with multiple ship destinations.

Hope this helps.

David M
            Current Mqko - 1990 Mako 211 w/2006 250 E-TEC. http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6226. [br]- Previous Makos 1987 20C, 1979 23\' IB, 1970s 17 Angler

Comment

Thanks Dave. I'll look into it. I think I want to do black with S/S insert.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

That will look Sharp aginst that Red.[]

Comment

Working...
                X