Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• michigan dave
    replied
    Because the 20s are flatter and more of a bay boat your 140 would work great on one. I have a 115 suzi. on a 20 at it runs out at 38mph at 5500 rpms. BTW I hardly ever sell a loose motor, I most always find another boat that needs one and sell the package. You will realize more profit that way.(in my opinion) dave

Leave a comment:

• ob1jeeper
    replied
    I'm thinking a 12 footer would be about right for a 140[] (Wouldn't THAT be a GASSSSSS !!![][][][:0][:0][][}][]

YEE HA_A_A_A_A_A!!!

Leave a comment:

• mubikS
    replied
    Thanks Gary, that's good to hear.

Would anyone else like to weigh in on the largest boat a 140 could handle? I'd otherwise take Bobby's word as gold, but you FL guys seem to have this thing for overpowering. [:x)]

I still think a 21 isn't out of the question. I'd like to have the 19 in the Boat Trader down in Ft Laud, but I'd have to take a mortgage out for the gas to bring it back here to VA.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Shallbetter
    replied
    Mub, if the 140 is a 4 cyl you will have no problem with a stock transom. Mine is beefed up with gussets fore the added power.

Leave a comment:

• mubikS
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by saltyballs

Dude,

If a 140 is crazy,,, what's that make Gary with a 150 on his angler?

Gary's in a league of his own,... let's call it "The Chuck Yeager Club". In a recent phone conversation he said he's getting 200+ at the prop after a rebuild and carb upgrades, etc. [:0]

Oh, and I'm not getting rid of the 17... the thing is I have TWO motors. I'd received an email or two from parties interesting in buying the other motor, but I'd rather hang it on something myself.

Leave a comment:

• saltyballs
    replied
    Dude,

If a 140 is crazy,,, what's that make Gary with a 150 on his angler?

[:u][:u][:u][:u][:u]

I'm thinking run with the 140 on the 17....

be safe and run nutty!!!

SB

Leave a comment:

• warthog5
    replied
    I'm thinking a 19 or 20.

Leave a comment:

• mubikS
    started a topic Reasonable Power?

Reasonable Power?

Here I am, going about it backwards again. Have motor, looking for boat.

My question is... what is the largest size boat that a 140 would be "reasonable" power on? 20'? 21?

(On a 17, a 140 is "crazy", a 115 is "ideal", a 90 is "aaalso ideal", and a 75 is "reasonable", being the smallest motor you'd put on the boat to still get on plane with a coupla guys, etc).
Working...
X