New guy Ray K. Reese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy Ray K. Reese

Sorry I missed your first post's Ray. Glad to see another local Mako owner. Jimmy O'Leary aka Hammertime lives in Gulf Breeze.

Welcome Aboard. Let me know if you need something. I'm always here and around the house.

Thank you for the welcome. I will be taking you up on your offer of help! This site has already provided me with alot of information. This is my first boat. Primarily, I am a car guy. Working on the boat is somewhat different, though some things transfer. I'm trying to learn as much as I can so that I can get the Mako in the water soon. Thanks again!

Kind Regards,

Ray

Comment

Bobby was a car guy too at some point. Then he reached the age of maturity[][:u][88][]
      Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

thats funny, I was a car guy too, I like the freedom working on a boat gives you. you can make changes and improvements without some guy at a car show saying "thats not stock, why did you do that"

The swim platform on my 21 mako is off of a 19 century. Try putting a bumber from a Dodge on your Chevelle project and see what kind of reaming you get hehe. Heck you guys thought it was cool. I like it here[] dave
        [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by michigan dave

thats funny, I was a car guy too, I like the freedom working on a boat gives you. you can make changes and improvements without some guy at a car show saying "thats not stock, why did you do that"

The swim platform on my 21 mako is off of a 19 century. Try putting a bumber from a Dodge on your Chevelle project and see what kind of reaming you get hehe. Heck you guys thought it was cool. I like it here[] dave

Dave,

If the GS is any indication of your "car-guy" skills, I'd say you had that "car-stuff" pretty well "in-hand"... That GS is what I'd call a WAY-NICE[8D] "Motion Mochine"[]...

PS... WELCOME Ray !![(#)]
          Working for a livin\' is HIGHLY Over-Rated...[][br]

Comment

That was my 5th and last classic car restoration, most all convertibles. I even did the paint on this one. dave.
            [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by michigan dave

That was my 5th and last classic car restoration, most all convertibles. I even did the paint on this one. dave.

WAY COOL !!![8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

Comment

You guy's have seen my custom boat work.

The car's were all custom too.

36 Old's 3 window coupe

50 Studebaker [Bullet Nose]

65 Mustang 4 wheel flairs in steel, ground effect's.

Custom MustangII front suspension. 4wheel disc brakes

Built like a SCCA racer. It was hammered on the ground.[]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by warthog5

You guy's have seen my custom boat work.

The car's were all custom too.

36 Old's 3 window coupe

50 Studebaker [Bullet Nose]

65 Mustang 4 wheel flairs in steel, ground effect's.

Custom MustangII front suspension. 4wheel disc brakes

Built like a SCCA racer. It was hammered on the ground.[]

WOW !! I FINALLY know what all us "OLD" car guys are doing these days !!! We've graduated to boats and left the "street scene" to the bubble gum chewing "Front Wheel Drive - bumble-bee motor" & "Thump-A-Bump" stereo crowd...

Comment

Sounds like there are some great cars in this group as well! Mine is a 65 Sunbeam Tiger. Like some of your boats, the Tiger isn't stock either. Thank you all for the welcome. I think I'm going to enjoy boating and participating on this site. Sure glad I found you guys!

Regards,

Ray

Gulf Breeze

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by ob1jeeper

the bubble gum chewing "Front Wheel Drive - bumble-bee motor" & "Thump-A-Bump" stereo crowd...

They can have the street. I want dirt & rocks & water crossings! []

Welcome aboard Ray! []
                      Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

Oh' Yea I almost forgot. A very close buddy and I raced a dirt circle track car for about 6yrs too. Ford Torino in Hobby stock for several yaers and then we built a Super Street from a Torino Frame shortened and hung a Mavrick body on it. We alway's ran 351 Cleveland's.

Nothing sweeter than the sound of a Clevland w/180deg header's turning 7500.[]

Comment

I had a real nice visit today from Ray. He brought his 20ftr over to pick my brain. Plenty of work there.[]

Comment

Welcome Ray...Ed[]

Comment

Working...
                            X