New to me 87 231

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me 87 231

Well thanks for all the insight a few weeks ago.[)] I was able to pull the trigger this weekend on a 1987 231.[] I got boat, motor 225 evenrude also 87, and aluminum trailer for 10k. The boat is in great shape. What a big difference 2 foot makes. I will be change power in hte next 2 weeks my 200 yamaha is going on the new boat and the rude is going on my 21. The 21 will be for sale as soon as this is done. I will post the info here first to give guys on this site first chance at her. She is in need of cosmetic work but is a solid boat, we fish her offshore all the time. Will fly with that 225 on her. Ill post picks of the new boat this afternoon. I have a little trailer work to do on both boats today.[xx(]
    1987 231 with 200 Yamaha[br]Stuart, Fl

J, did you get a chance to sea trial in any chop? How's the ride differ? Thanks, BC

Comment

Was this the boat on boattrader listed for $13.9?
      ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

I took it out in a little chop. Not enough to really test it. It seems to be alot softer ride even going through boat wakes and such it rode real nice. Ill know for sure when I am going out the inlet with a cross breeze, At least this one has a large window to hide behind. All center consoles are wet in those cross winds. This boat never made it to the trader, I heard about it word of mouth and jumped on it quick. That one for 13K is in key largo so I did not make it to see it. The guy I talked to sounded like a broker and said the boat was super clean, if I had not found this one I would have made the drive to look at it. It does not have a trailer so It would be another 2500-3000 for that plus about a week to get one made, just another factor that made me jump on this one.
        1987 231 with 200 Yamaha[br]Stuart, Fl

Comment

Working...
        X