Different foam densities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different foam densities

I've asked the difference between 4 and 2 lb foam,and got some great info.But what about 8,10lb foam, would this be even better?And is fgci's foam a closed cell foam(they don't describe) ? If so,what % of water blockage is it.Some has 90% and some has 97%. Just looking to put the best back in the boat.

Thanks,vbmako17

I've answered my own Questions on this topic .Check out this site.Never ordered from here ,but they're site seems very user friendly and professional.Prices seem pretty good too.

http://www.shopmaninc.com/foam.html
    1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

Better remember that it will take twice as much material from 2lb-4lb and so on as you increase the density. I don't know the size of the cavity you want to fill but a 10 gallon kit will weigh around 70-80lbs. That will go about 90 cu feet at 2 lb density.

I'd use 2lb foam for the hull fill.
    Richard[br]Miami[br]Pearson Flyer 30

Comment

Yea I'm ordering it today,I need about 15 cuft.

Rich , in one of your other replys , you mentioned I should tilt the bow way way way up .Is this because the foam will fill all crevises better on the way up?
      1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

Comment

Working...
      X