Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• set up new trailer

this weekend I plan on setting up new roller trailer

for mako 191. I am switching over from a bunk trailer.

any advise on roller positioning would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Capt Bobb

Mako 191

Boston/Cape Cod

Not on rollers but here is mine.

Larry Smith[br]Pasadena, Tx[br]\'97 Mako 191

Comment

The rear rollers should be about 4 to 6" from the hulls transom.You may have to adjust the winch stand to fit the new position.This is my 17 still under construction,has 20 rollers,I hope this helps.

1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

Comment

Bunks are better for the boat- my .02
        Richard[br]Miami[br]Pearson Flyer 30

Comment

quote:

Bunks are better for the boat- my .02

Unfortunately, around here on Cape Cod and north shore the ramps tend to be very steep, making the bunk trailers very hard to use.

HD

Comment

Yea and the boat drains better if you leave it uncovered and it rains front is tilted up better on the coss members.Always the same centering,Ive have both one expensive and one cheaper,If you always wash them down after every use,they'll

last you.I got this trailer out of necessity,at the time I could't find one to fit my boat, bunk or rollers. I think these 17's are built heavier than most 17's so the weight to length ratio is the difference.I would think they're a little easier to find for the 19.Good luck
            1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Larry Smith

Not on rollers but here is mine.

Beautiful boat Larry. []
              Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]http://ClassicParker.com/

Comment

Working...
              X