I have something to share!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have something to share!

Well, I would have put this in the Shark Tank, but I'll put it here so everyone can read... And dammit, I'm proud! I'm one of the youngest guys here for sure, and you guys are really a great group of friends so I thought I'd share this with you. So you can probably guess where I'm going with this.

I AM OFFICIALLY AN EXPECTING FATHER!!!! How about that! Kristie is in her 5th week and we are both excited and nervous. She went to the doctor today and he says so far all looks great. She will have her first ultrasound on March 1, so I'll be posting progress pixs from that as well. I gotta get that boat done before Oct. 17 becaue after that there won't be much free time.

Another good thing that can come of this is bargaining power! Yep, a child who likes boating and fishing may give me enough leverage at the bargaining table so that I can get that Mako 261B I've been wishing for!

Y'all wish me luck. I am open to any advice from you guys who have been in my shoes.
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Yea Yea Yea. Daddy when we going fishing.[]

Comment

CONGRADULATIONS EDDIE,I started out 25 years ago in a 14 ft river skiff a wife and no kids.Everytime she had a baby it was a real good excuse,to get a bigger boat.After 3 children and a dozen or so boats I think The 254 will be the last size going up for me.You got to pick some baby names now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hammertime

Gulf Breeze Fl.
      Gulf Breeze Fl.

Comment

Congrats Amigo! When does Ringsbaby.com go online.
        Greenwich, NJ[br]1976 22B

Comment

Dude,

You will have to post pictures of that project.

Congratulations!!!!

P.S. I am 28 and in first year of my marriage. So I am youngest.

[8D]
          \'94 Mako 263WA twin \'95 Mercs 200EFI [br]Brooklyn, NY

Comment

Ioffe, didn't realize you were only 28! But I am only 27 and Stauter99 is by far the youngest guy here. All this marriage and baby talk has to have him bored to tears. I have been married for a bit over 2.5 years now. I just move very slow in my decision making process.

By the way. Shep too is an expecting father. His lovely wife Jill is 6 months pregnant! They are having a girl. She may like fishing... But she will deffinitely like boats, most girls do.
            Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Congrats. My first is 10 months old and its a true blast. Something new every day you get home. You can bet she'll have a fishing rod in her hand before she owns a pair of ballet slippers.

Enjoy your designated driver...that part is fun too!
              1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Comment

Congrats Ringleader, i'll def have to ring in as one of the young guys, i'm 23 and have no plans on marriage or kids for a few years....when that time comes i'll def be asking for advice from all the good folks of the board.....

Comment

I guess from all the new babies expected soon or that have just been born we have not been working on our boats all the time.........:0
                  Greenwich, NJ[br]1976 22B

Comment

You need to focus on the safety aspects of getting a bigger boat. Women respond to that.

Comment

Congratulations! My boy is due March 7th..ONLY 18 more days! [] I can't wait to have a little hunting and fishing buddy. I'll be posting pics when he comes. The full moon is March 6th, so maybe it will actually happen when they say it will.

Don't wait to use the leverage NOW. Trust me, you will be able to get more by saying it's for the kid! [8D]
                      1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                      1985 Mako 20c - sold
                      Fort Walton Beach, FL
                      http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Kristie and Eddie,

Congratulations! This is what life is all about. I'm 63 with two children, two grand children, an old 25'Mako, and love em all dearly. It only gets better.

Did I tell you I'm not the oldest member?
                        Ole Joe
                        Just floundering around
                        White Hall & Ocean City, Maryland
                        1978 Mako 25

Comment

congratulations
                          1985 Mako 235[br]Houston Tx./ Biloxi Ms.

Comment

Eddie congrats and best wishes for you and Kristie

Comment

EDDIE? Where in the hell did you find time for that activity?

Congrats to you and Mrs. Mako.[] You may as well start a fleet.
                              1983 Mako 224[br]Onancock, Va.

Comment

Working...
                              X