Splash well board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splash well board

Or whatever you call it. Bought a 78 21B this past weekend. There is no bracket or anything at the splashwell guard or whatever. Could someone post a picture of what should be there. I could probably get something made and use Starboard I guess. Thanks for the help.

They still need to be painted. These are built from 3/8in Divenacell core. The glass was vacuum bagged on them.

Comment

Thanks Warthog. but I am talking about the right at the back of the cockpit. Just past bilge acess hatch. Looks like there would be something at the flat edge running upright there.

Comment

Yes there is. Jimmy had one made by some guy for his. His slid's down between 2 cleat's on each side. [not boat cleat's/ 2 thin strip's of wood] The guy that built his look's like it was made using Nidacore, but the core seem's to be full of resign. It's real heavy.

Comment

Redneck, here is what I did with starboard

and heres a closeup of the aluminum I used to hold the splashwell in place. I don't plan on using it much

1980 Mako21 [br] [br]Long Beach MS <\')))>([br]\"I can always find somebody to tow me back in, but I can never find anybody who will tow me out.........\"

Comment

That's it Mississippi. Where do you purchasr Starboard at? Lowes or Home Depot or the likes?

Comment

Very nice and simple, thats what I have been thinking about also, Mississippi I believe thats a great answer. I am off to cut that big ol piece of starboard that came with the boat. dave
              [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Redneck, I've never seen starboard at Lowes or Home Depot. You should be able to get it at any boat store. West Marine has it but you will pay through the nose for it. Try a marine surplus store.
                Tony C.[br]S. Daytona, FL[br]Boatless...for now[br]

Comment

Or check your ywllow pages under "Plastic's"

Comment

I made the mistake of buying it from west marine, paid through the nose alright. you can do a lot better, just check around.
                    1980 Mako21 [br] [br]Long Beach MS <\')))>([br]\"I can always find somebody to tow me back in, but I can never find anybody who will tow me out.........\"

Comment

Working...
                    X