Ringleader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ringleader

Is it true that Wednesday's are the international day off for dentists?

Hey maybe you could talk your boss into letting you have off from now on.
    Jones Inlet, Long Island

Never heard such a thing. Most take Friday off. I give myself most Fridays off since I work so far from Home. When we get our own practice running close to home, I'll be working on Fridays and very possibly taking Wednesday off.
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Friend is an oral surgeon, and takes Wednesdays off. He works saturdays though poor guy and two days a week works from 8 AM to 9 PM. Has his own practice though. Thought about going into dentistry myself, but from all accounts it's stressfull work with a very high overhead. Going to Law School instead

-Alex
      Jones Inlet, Long Island

Comment

I graduate from law school in about 5 weeks. Good fun.[B)]
        1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Oh' Lord! The Shark's will be loose.[] Just kidding.

What field are you working on Wilson?

Comment

Got to take the bar, then... whoever gives me a J.O.B. I don't care. If I was able to choose I would work in real estate, land use, zoning/planning. I would also be interested in construction law. We'll see.
            1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Wilson, with all the ground water and soil pollution that is out there, the market is open for well versed environmental lawyers. I deal with the situations daily.
              Hugs Tug [br]2007 SteigerCraft 23\' Miami W/ 225 Suzuki[br]Former 1973, 23 Mako C/C with I/O[br]Mattituck[br]Long Island N.Y.

Comment

Yeah its a big deal here in FL too. I would be happy with an environmental law job. I'm not sure I would be all that excited to become an expert on cercla. Its a hell of a lot of administrative law. [xx(]
                1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Yes, very high overhead.... It runs about 70% in the average office. When people see the fee, they automatically think that I get 100% of it... Yeah right! The overhead is a big killer in our profession. Also very stressful... its manual labor with a white coat. I spend the whole day building stuff out of resin!
                  Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by RingLeader

Yes, very high overhead.... It runs about 70% in the average office. When people see the fee, they automatically think that I get 100% of it... Yeah right! The overhead is a big killer in our profession. Also very stressful... its manual labor with a white coat. I spend the whole day building stuff out of resin!

We all like to bitch a little about our work loads, but the reality is we happen to live in a country where we are free to pursue whatever field we want to work hard enough to go after...

As for me... I'm liking retirement JUST FINE[][][]... 31 years & 7 months "in "the salt mines" so to speak was plenty-enough for me...

I just hope you young-un's keep working[}] (and of course paying into the bankrupt SS system)...

My new goal in life is to live long enough to be able to collect social security... 7 years and counting...[(#)][:x)] Wish me luck !!
                    Working for a livin\' is HIGHLY Over-Rated...[][br]

Comment

Wilson, I too would be interested practicing in that field of Law. Real Estate is steady business, not as stressful as other fields, and you could make some serious dough at it without working 70 hours a week [] (Want plenty of time to fish and work on my boats)

I'll be starting Law School this fall...is it as hard as they make it sound?

Hugs Tugs, I agree with the enviromental law deal. A friend of mine works for a Oil Spill "Remediation" (I all it clean up) Company. He is in the managment of that firm and claims that without enviromental lawyers they would not be able to get anything done.

Ringleader, after it was explained to me how much everything in dentistry costs, I actually felt bad about paying what we do!

[:u] Little files smaller then a paper clip at $ 200.00 a pop, "burrs" (I call'em drill bits) that cost a couple hundred each, rent, malpractice insurance, etc, etc....really adds up. He did go into private practice and really loves it, works longer hours but at least he knows his work is going in the bank. In a couple years he plans on hiring a dentist and then just chillen out 3 days a week!
                      Jones Inlet, Long Island

Comment

Working...
                      X