Looks like Mako finally updated their webpage:

http://www.mako-boats.com
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

That's a step in the right direction.

Comment

A VERY small step, but it sure is pretty.[]
      1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

What are everyone's thoughts on the new page?

Comment

I like the pics of the new plant and glad they kept the old specs. They do need to update all the model pictures.
          1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
          1985 Mako 20c - sold
          Fort Walton Beach, FL
          http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Oh, hey, we've got someone "in the loop"!

It looks good... I immediately thought of the 2004 Mako Brochure. If you'd like some constructive criticism, the specifications for the oldER boats were a little difficult to find at first. Although by now I should have it memorized, I reference it nearly daily, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Many of us have an accute fascination with all boats "not ours".

Does it show that I'm a case deep into this Michelob? [:x)][88]
            \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Lots of good info! It would be nice if you could click on the thumbnails and get a bigger picture (e.g. on page http://www.mako-boats.com/about/inde...ion=home.plant). What CAD software are you using now? No big deal. Thanks.
              72\' Mako 22\'[br]NoNeck, VA

Comment

It would be great to get some of the opptinal accessories for our old boats.Do you think they are available? Still looking for that small leanning post 25 to 29" wide. Gonna end up building one, then it will be available for less than it cost me to build.Just my luck, and it'll be better too.
                1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by mubikS

Oh, hey, we've got someone "in the loop"!

It looks good... I immediately thought of the 2004 Mako Brochure. If you'd like some constructive criticism, the specifications for the oldER boats were a little difficult to find at first. Although by now I should have it memorized, I reference it nearly daily, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Many of us have an accute fascination with all boats "not ours".

Does it show that I'm a case deep into this Michelob? [:x)][88]

I do know that the new brochures should be out shortly, and I beleive they have a better layout.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by MakoShako

Lots of good info! It would be nice if you could click on the thumbnails and get a bigger picture (e.g. on page http://www.mako-boats.com/about/inde...ion=home.plant). What CAD software are you using now? No big deal. Thanks.

That is one thing that I immediatly thought of mysself. I'll bring it up.

As far as the Cad software, I'm not really sure. Engineering takes care of that.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by VBmako17

It would be great to get some of the opptinal accessories for our old boats.Do you think they are available? Still looking for that small leanning post 25 to 29" wide. Gonna end up building one, then it will be available for less than it cost me to build.Just my luck, and it'll be better too.

Hmmmm, have you tried calling customer support? If not, give that a shot then let me know what they say.

Comment

This photo on the updated Mako website (see link below) is a picture of the Hudson's Outboard crew from Salisbury, MA heading out to the giant tuna grounds via the infamous Merrimac River inlet. Owner, Jim Halla, is at the helm of his old 252....check out the custom swivel tuna fighting station in the bow. The boat was appropriately named "Hallelujah". Too bad he sold it last year to buy a Jupiter! The good news is that Mako is at least trying to restablish their credibility.

http://www.mako-boats.com/boat/index...=193&boat=1673

Comment

Ntrain2k. Saw you were taking a little flack on the "other" website and thought you handled it well. []

One suggestion for the web page. On the overhead view of each model, it would be great to have a link to the features within each boat as you move your mouse over that portion of the boat.

I hope you and the guys/gals at the factory stick around the site. Ring does a great job with it and I'm sure all critisism will be very constructive. We want to see mako succeed in rebuilding their reputation as much as you guys do. []
                          Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by RudeAttitude

Ntrain2k. Saw you were taking a little flack on the "other" website and thought you handled it well. []

One suggestion for the web page. On the overhead view of each model, it would be great to have a link to the features within each boat as you move your mouse over that portion of the boat.

I hope you and the guys/gals at the factory stick around the site. Ring does a great job with it and I'm sure all critisism will be very constructive. We want to see mako succeed in rebuilding their reputation as much as you guys do. []

Thank you!

I have forwarded your suggestions to Curt.

Comment

Ed,

That's a great shot of a calm mouth of the Merrimack. The jetty looks very familiar. Can't wait to get the boat in the water. Nice to see some New England salt on the Mako site. I personally can't take mine out of the mouth... Tooth pick is pretty much my limit in the 17.

Take care,

SB
                              Tim[br]1981 19 (project)[br]prior 1978 17 angler (sold)[br]

Comment

Working...
                              X