Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 115hp Two Stroke

Hi guys,

I'm new here but I have really enjoyed viewing some of the projects and reading the various posts.

I recall reading a thread concerning a 17ft Mako in which the Yamaha 115hp two stroke was the subject. I am currently looking into adding a transom bracket to my 19ft boat and I was hoping someone with a 1986 Yamaha 115 (or similar year) could help me out with some info.

I bought the boat late in the season last year (I live in Ma). The previous owner said that the tilt and trim was fried but that he had a used unit that he included with the purchase. It turned out to be a tilt and trim for a newer year class 115 which was not compatible. I was unable to find a rebuilt replacement and purchased an after market bolt on unit (CMC unit) to get some time in on the water before the end of the season.

What I am looking for is the measurement from when the engine is fully lowered, to it’s full upright position. The measurement I get with the aftermarket tilt and trim is 15 inches but I need to be sure of the measurement before I order the bracket.

If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

my yamaha 115 is a 1990. you could post a question to one of the vendor's (shipyard island marine repair) on the hull truth as to what tilt and trim unit you could use as a replacement. he would also email you a price. i am not associated with him but he has answered a few of my questions reasonably and honestly. lot of chaff with the wheat over there by the way.

also may want to upgrade your profile to include city and state.
    91 17 standard[br]mt pleasant sc[br]115 yamaha[br]got mako?[br]

Comment

Maybe this can help a little.Everything is torn apart, no controls to move motor to measure.Replacing fuel tank.[8D]

1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by mtpleasantmako

my yamaha 115 is a 1990. you could post a question to one of the vendor's (shipyard island marine repair) on the hull truth as to what tilt and trim unit you could use as a replacement. he would also email you a price. i am not associated with him but he has answered a few of my questions reasonably and honestly. lot of chaff with the wheat over there by the way.

also may want to upgrade your profile to include city and state.

I wasn't asking for a replacement/compatible tilt and trim unit for my motor. I asked if anyone could help me out and give me the setback measurement for a 1986 Yamaha 115hp motor.

My profile did include the state in which I live in. I have edited it to include the town in which I live in (although I have no idea why it's such a pressing matter).

The "chaff in the wheat" comment wasn't needed. The point is that I dont have an original tilt and trim unit for the motor from which to take a measurement.

This is a custom boat(not a Mako {although I have restored a Mako}), I have a lot of variables to consider and I don't want to spend $1,595.00 on a transom bracket only to put it in the water and have the scuppers be under water.

Comment

Man, who pissed on your corn flakes? The guy was trying to help, you don't have to be such a jackass [!]
          1987 Mako 254, 2013 Evinrude ETEC 175\'s (sold to my buddy)[br]1988 Mako 20, 2008 Yamaha 200HPDI (sold)[br]1984 Mako 17, 2005 Suzuki 115 (sold)[br]1981 Mako 21 (sold)[br]1978 Mako 17 (sold)[br]1986 Mako 260 (sold)[br]1997 Mako 232 (sold)[br]Tampa, Florida

Comment

Who can spell "chill pill"? [:x)] Deep breath now.....

Cape, You will find that there are no guys here that are derogetory in giving help. You asked a question and Mt answered the way he thought could best help. If it didn't help, ignore it and move on to the next question. No need to be on defense here as with some other sites. []

The profile request was for your benefit, and if you have read any string with new members, I bet Wart has asked for the same modifications to their profiles as ".... a way for us to help you.", me included.

So, breath out now, put down your guard a bit and join in the BEST constructive boat site around. Welcome aboard....
            Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

Cape,

Thus far this site has strictly avoided all of the BS that goes on on all of the other fishing and boating websites out there. There is no name calling, harsh words, put downs or anything else of the sort tolerated. Hopefully it will always stay that way. Hopefully this will always stay the best boat forum on the web.

Comment

Happy easter all!!!

Man it's gettn heavy,time to help another thread.
                1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

Comment

Working...
                X