Fixing Old Mako

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing Old Mako

Hey I just joined this Forum, I have an 89 191 with a Evinrude 120. I have owned it since 1990 and for the past 5 years it has been a driveway queen, (Family, House , Job....) I am working on getting some items squared away. Gel Coat, Wndscreen, Cushions kind of stuff.

Does anyone have any information on sourcing parts and material?

Anything would help

PS I have been out of the scene for awhile, What happned to Mako?

It does not seem to have that solid Rep anymore.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. [br]Northport Occupied NY[br]1989 191 w/120 Evinrude

Welcome to the forum, if you could, put your hometown in your signature line so we know where to send you for parts and help.

Not much available anymore new for the makos unless you source it yourself. If your neer Ft. Pierce fla. Marine connection liqidater have a fair number of NOS parts and pieces. See there ad in the "LINKS" section off of the home page. If you live up here in north country I might have a few suggestions for sourcing parts.

Apoulstry is usually best done by a local shop. As you can tell we dont type or spell good around here but we can sure put the coon-toon and an old boat. dave.
    [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Thanks for the help, Im stuck here in Occupied New York
      A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. [br]Northport Occupied NY[br]1989 191 w/120 Evinrude

Comment

Working...
      X