Another used Mako value question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another used Mako value question

I am going to look at a 1984 21B w/ a 1996 225 Johnson Ocean Pro and a tandem axle trailer. Asking price is 12,995 but says to bring offers. If everything checks out, what's a fair price to offer? I'm thinking $8-$9000. Boat has a t-top, GPS, depthfinder, vhf, however I probably would replace the electronics anyway, so those don't make much difference to me anyway.

BTW the boat is at a dealership on consignment.
    Columbia, SC

Assuming the hull, transom, and console are solid,the engine runs fine, and trailer is useful as is ( brakes work, lights work etc)

Based on this, then it's a matter of overall condition of the boat,

plus extra equipment thrown in.

Engine should be checked by mechanic, or at the least thorough test drive, and boat surveyed.

If all of the above checks out ok - then based on my experience, if you could get the rig for under $ 10,000 it's a very nice deal.

Comment

boattraderonline.com and yachtworld.com are great places to see what prices Makos are being sold for in certain areas.
      1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
      1985 Mako 20c - sold
      Fort Walton Beach, FL
      https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

Unfortunately, unless you're in Florida, boattrader really doesn't seem to help much. Out of 20 ads for 1970-1990 21 footers, there's 5 outside of Florida. The majority of them run from $7000 to $12000. So, I guess it's in the ball park. Haven't tried yachtworld yet, but we'll see.
        Columbia, SC

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by neckbone

Unfortunately, unless you're in Florida, boattrader really doesn't seem to help much.

Look at the opportunity cost. How much would it cost you to drive to florida and buy a boat that seems less expensive then your market? Now you have *your* market value!

Yachtworld does seem to list quite a few boats in the Northeast.
          1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
          1985 Mako 20c - sold
          Fort Walton Beach, FL
          https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

Working...
          X