Marine Connection Liquidators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marine Connection Liquidators

Just got back from my road trip to FL, and thought I'd post some pics of the stuff at MCL.

For those of you who haven't been... it's a neat place. Not worth a 14-hour one-way trip just to go there, but still neat. It's NOT a bargain basement... nor is it a used parts store. They did have a lot of stuff you might find at BoatUS (bilge pumps, running lights, battery switches, etc), but a few bucks more expensive. Pretty much everything I saw was new stock, leftover from factories. I was searching for parts for VBMako17 and John Hermes and not having much luck. The small leaning posts were $450+, and the fuel tanks were all too large or not the right shape. All of the bow rails looked to be off of ~40' Sea Rays, but there were a couple small ones that miiiight have fit a 17. The console selection was very limited... seemed to be for hard bottom dinghies. I only found a few Mako guage panels, and wasn't going to overturn the cart.

Here are some pics of the Mako stuff I got; I pretty much bought anything and everything with a Mako logo. The only things I didn't get were the stamped Mako cleats (5" stainless: $11.95, 6" flat aluminum: $19.95) or rod holders (I didn't ask or see them, but there was a box with Mako written on it on the top shelf).

Emblems. $40 a set. If I don't decide to use these I'll post them in the Classifieds. THEY DO KEEP A BINDER AT THE FRONT DESK WITH A LIST OF WHAT COLORS AND NAMES THEY HAVE IN STOCK>>> CALL THEM!

HIN or Boat Name plates... only about two bucks a pop. I might sell the extra ones. They have sh*tloads of these... if you ask nicely, they will probably drop a few in an envelope for you. I don't know if they ship as a policy.

Binder. $4.95. Can't beat that for a great place to keep service records and photos of a restoration.

More emblems. I think they are chromed brass... but I'm no metal expert. They also had these with a threaded stud welded where the anal fin would be, probably for trophies. I liked these better. I have 10 of these and am going to post them in the Classifieds.

And last but not least... the sign. $95. Probably a rip off, but where else are you going to find one? They have THREE left, I think.

\'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

That place has changed alot over the years -- 10 /12 years ago it was across the steet at a run down warehouse -- it was awsome-- tons of mako stuff --50 leaning posts --lots of surplus stuff-- cheap! my dad was down there the other day and told me it had really changed. they used to have more hard to find stuff -- they would buy up surplus stuff from boat manufactures that were going under. now they pretty much get there stuff from the same people that every other marine store does. Still lots of stuff -- but it used to be more like a boat stuff flea market
    1991 18 ft parker[br]previous mako 1989 240[br]1989 231[br]1974 20.... whats left of it

Comment

I have the sign in my garage. I'll have to post a pix sometime.
      Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

mubikS

I'd love a pair of those emblems. Please let me know if you're gonna sell. Thanks![]

[email protected]
        Past:[br]1988 Mako 230[br]1987 Mako 20C (best of them all)[br][br]1974 Mako 15[br]Miami, FL[br]

Comment

You mean the metal sharks or the Mako171s?

The sharks are over in the classifieds. If I decide to sell the 171s I'll put them there too.
          \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

I'll be there next week (from CT. on this trip - flying though) - I WAS going to look for new 171 emblems but not now, not a forty bucks a pop. I will be looking at some teak, maybe a bimini top, a new dash panel, rub rail and other miscellaneous items.

Thanks for the pics...
            Steve 171 Mako[br]Jupiter, FL.

Comment

Sorry bout that. It's the sharks I would like[]
              Past:[br]1988 Mako 230[br]1987 Mako 20C (best of them all)[br][br]1974 Mako 15[br]Miami, FL[br]

Comment

Mubkis,

Thanks for checking out that stuff for me.That was way cool!I know how long that ride was,Betchya couldn't sleep when you got back home knowing you had A nice t-top to tinker with keep us informed.

Thanks,

VBmako17,VBVA.
                1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

Comment

Andy,

I'll take a set of the chrome shark emblems.
                  Larry Smith[br]Pasadena, Tx[br]\'97 Mako 191

Comment

Heres my Mako sign in the garage...

Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

I'd put mine in my workshop, but it's too nice! Bright too... Lights up a whole room at nite.[8D]

Comment

Hey ring start a classic jeep forum -- i have one in the back yard that i am restoring. IT HAS A BEATUFUL BLUE TARP OVER IT -- THE WIFE JUST LOVES THE WAY IT LOOKS!!!!
                        1991 18 ft parker[br]previous mako 1989 240[br]1989 231[br]1974 20.... whats left of it

Comment

MubikS,

I am very interested in the emblems for "MAKO 171" but prefer black. How do these attach to the hull? Don't really want to make any holes in the gel coat or hull. Any suggestions ? Let me know if you have some in black and I will gladly take them!
                          1973 \"Potter Built\" SeaCraft 21SF / 225HP Yamaha Savannah,Ga.

Comment

Good idea wharf. I have a '97 Wrangler thats just waiting for a sunny day to take her top off. It's been a long winter!!!!!!!!
                            1995 Mako 232, 1988 MAKO 171, New Bern, North Carolina

Comment

Savannah, I don't think I'm gonna let the emblems go. MCL did not have black... this blue was the darkest color they had.

But FYI, I believe the originals were riveted, and if replaced, small screws usually did the trick.

Comment

Working...
                              X