Suzuki 4 stroke???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki 4 stroke???

I have a chance to get a 2002 115 4stroke,that I will be placing on a 19ft. Seastrike CC.(1500lbs). I have always had evinrude/johnson motors, so I am not very familiar with this engine. I was hoping to get some input from someone who has dealt with suzuki outboards.
    Mobile,AL

I was also told by the dealer that they would need to install it due to some computer adjustments($800). Is this true?
    Mobile,AL

Comment

The small suzuki 4 strokes are great up to the 140 hp model. I am not convinced of the big ones. They finally decided to put two completly new engines on the boat I run after 5 powerhead failures. We shall see how these run.
      Slidell, La

Comment

Keep us posted Speck-Tacular.[]

Comment

I too would be very interested in what is going on with the Suzuki line. I have a friend that just bought a 225 for his new boat.
          01\' Mako BayShark 2100[br]200 Optimax[br]Lakeland Fl.

Comment

I recently bought a 69' Mako 19 which has a 2003 Suzuki 115 4 stroke. Fortunately, i have had access to this boat for the first year with the new power before buying it. I believe it is adequete power. I scroll this site frequently and see mixed views on power for 19's and 20's. I will say that you shouldn't expect to hall a$$ with the 115 but it will move you right along. Three 200-230lb guys with fishing gear move at 30-33mph. And when not chasing stripers in Buzzards Bay, it pulls my kids on the tube juse fine!
            69\' Mako 19[br]03\' Suzuki 115

Comment

I purchased twin DF140's (the bigger brother to the 115), and am VERY pleased with both thier performance and operation after one year of service. I've experienced; zip, zilch, zippo, NADA issues to date.

As for the installation issue... Nearly all of the manufacturer's these days want their engines installed by "factory certified" tech's, to not only insure they are wired, but are mounted safely and correctly.

I suspect there may be some truth to the thought that they are a little concerned that computers don't get mis-wired and "fried", the REAL reason, is the same as nearly ALL major "deep=pocket" manufacturers of mobility products (including the auto dealers...) Companies these days are scared-silly of liability/injury law suits...

I have no problem at all recommending the smaller Suzuki 4's... If you are at all concerned about power levels, go for the 140... I believe that you will not be disappointed...

Good luck
              Working for a livin\' is HIGHLY Over-Rated...[][br]

Comment

High margins on technician labor. Dealers make lots of extra bucks on this VALUE add.
                [br]***[br]\'82 Ski Nautique - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'80 236IB - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'03 Pursuit 2670 - Destin, FL

Comment

I had a friend with an older 19 and after years of problems with larger engines, he put a 90hp on the boat and absolutely loved it. It didn't win any races but they would run all day and never worry about fuel. I fished with him a couple of times and it ran well, so I would think the 115 would be ok.
                  1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                  1985 Mako 20c - sold
                  Fort Walton Beach, FL
                  https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

Call First Light Anglers in Rowley, MA...they run a 24' Silverhawk with twin 140 Suzuki's all over Massachusetts and they have something like 3200 hours on the engines and they're still kicking. Better to get the scoop directly from the horses mouth...

Ed

Comment

I've had no problems with my 140 (knock on wood). I would say that it should be fine (except that 115 might be underpowered for a 1500 lb boat.) The 140 weighs the same as the 90 and the 115. If you've had a two stroke, you'll be amazed by your gas mileage Good luck.
                      Corpuscruiser[br]Northern AL[br]\'94 171

Comment

Working...
                      X