Update from RingWorld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update from RingWorld

Wow! I'm beat. I really busted my butt on the house this past weekend. 3 straight days of getting up at 6am (when baby Ring wakes up, everyone wakes up) and working solid until 10 or 11pm. I can't explain the headache I had today. I took copious quantities of advil and still didn't get relief.

Anyway, I am making progress on the house. In one or two more weeks I'll have all the major carpentry work out of the way and I'll be working on painting and a few smaller projects.

I still have a solid weekend of moving stuff into the attic from the second floor. I feel that once I move onto painting the trim work and staircase that I'll have a little time free up so that I can work on getting this webpage updated (mainly the projects section as I have about 2 or 3 requests to post boats weekly) and making some improvements to the ClassicMako society.

But more importantly, I think I may be able to get back to work on my Mako. Hopefully by May I will be dedicating at least 1 day during the weekend to my boat.

Aside from the house and baby, the wife and I are working on opening up our own dental practice in Slidell. We are truly busier than a cat covering shit. But seeing all these boats out on the water... I gotta get back to work on mine or I just may go crazy.
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

all work no play makes ed a dull boy......[:x)]...good luck with your new practice.....and great 2005 fishing.. ....jim[]
    www.arctekmarine.com 203 982 6322 bethany,ct custom t tops /leaning posts/ arches/hardtops/towers etc

Comment

Ed,

We all appreciate your efforts to keep this site top notch! You have really done some innovative things with the site and it continues to look great.

If there is a bright side of not getting to work on your boat it would be the benefit of getting ideas generated from this site!

Good luck,

Cliff
      Columbus, Georgia[br]1973 Mako 17 angler \"Reel\'s Angler\"

Comment

Sounds great Ed. I wish my wife and kids would actually leave me alone on the weekend so I could get some painting done around the house......

Best of luck with the new practice! []
        Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

I will keep posting pictures for you to look at
          Slidell, La

Comment

If I were living your life I would have freaked out by now. Of course, I'm really lazy so I never would have attempted even a quater of what you do.

Just go fish bro...
            St. Pete Beach, FL

Comment

AHHHHHHH, quit complaining and come fish with this Sunday--you need a day off and I need company--the house will there when you get back!

Comment

Mako, when are you going to watch the Powertools video???

Comment

This is certainly a very busy time in your life Ed. Just dont let the stress get to you. Rome wasnt built in a year and neither will your empire. Now that all my children are older now I wish for the days when I could rock one to sleep while holding them on my shoulder. Try relaxing on your porch with that little one on your lap for a few minutes and see if that headache dont go away. (providing shes not screaming!!) dave.

[;^)]
                  [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm, powertools.....gooood. yo gusto mucho!muy bien!

So how's about a fishin' trip--on me to try out the new Sitex--you pretty much have to go

Comment

Think it's busy now... just wait until soccer, piano recital, HOMEWORK [xx(][xx(], etc., etc., etc., something will be happening all the time and you'll only be dreaming about how much time you used to have to do things like build houses or boats.

Suddenly you'll wonder where all the time went.

Not that I'm complaining - I wouldn't trade back for anything.
                      [br]***[br]\'82 Ski Nautique - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'80 236IB - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'03 Pursuit 2670 - Destin, FL

Comment

Good luck.

Now, get back to work!![][]
                        1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

ed i do need some dental work...[:x)][:x)]do u sedate.....im scared of the dentist[xx(][xx(]jim
                          www.arctekmarine.com 203 982 6322 bethany,ct custom t tops /leaning posts/ arches/hardtops/towers etc

Comment

I can... There are some pretty good drugs out there that we can cool you down with. We could trade out some work. I will need a leaning post in a year or so...[]

Comment

Jim, did Ring tell you he builds foam cored fiberglass molars? Works great, but the resin doesn't taste very well. If you want, he'll put a little mako shark on your grill

Comment

Working...
                              X