Trailer parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer parts?

I've got 12" x 2" drum brakes on my 1982 EZ-Loader single axle. I need to replaced the backing plate on each brake assembly. Not the springs, wheel cylinders, brake shoes, etc., just the plate that all the crap mounts on.

So far, I've called Dave's trailers (my local shop) and been on the websites of Champion trailers and Eastern Marine, and it seems as though I have to buy the entire brake assembly, just to get the mouting plates.

Is this really true? That just seems dumb to me.....

Anybody know where I can get just the mounting plates for 12" drum brakes?

And please, don't tell me to upgrade to discs. I'm looking for the cheap and easy way out here. [] If I can't find the plates, then I'll consider discs as they are almost the same price as my enormous drums.
    Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Try Monkey Junction Marine in Wilmington, NC. I bought my trailer from him last year. Don't know if he specifically has what you're looking for, but he does have several walls full of individual parts and has been in the trailer and trailer parts/repair business for 10 years or so.

Rick is the owner.
    -Bizz[br]1985 20C[br]Charlotte, NC

Comment

Try www.shop.easternmarine.com...They had decent prices and great service. I bought about $900 worth of products last Spring and was very happy.
      Formerly: Mako 236[br]Currently: 35\' Viking[br]Greenwich, CT

Comment

Gw204 - I think if you call Champion Trailers they will be able to fix you up. When I redid my 1974 EZ Laoder I bought all my running gear parts from them and found they were very knoledgeable and helpful with just about anything I needed.
        1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Comment

Working...
        X