Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windshield Trim rubber???where to buy it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield Trim rubber???where to buy it?

I'm repowder coating my windscreen/windshield frame from the old peeling brown coating to a white powder-coating. I'd like to find black or white rubber trim that is used to hold in the window glass. Any advise where to find it? I could use most of the old brown pieces but it just wouldn't look right brown on white.
    jimthesailor[br]24 Raven, 1958[br]Palm Harbor, FL

I might have an answer for you this afternoon. I called an industrial glass and window place close to me and I'm going by later to check it out and see if they have something that will work. They were working by my office the other day installing some large glass panels and the gasket material looked very similar to what I ripped out of my windshield. I'm looking for black, but if it looks like it'll work I'll find out about colors.
    Danny Facciola[br]1987 231 Suzuki 225[br]Edgewater, MD

Comment

If it works out please post. I think Ed or Warthog said Florida Marine Tank may have some but I don't know what the end result was. I will be removing mine when it warms up for repaiting. I know them old gaskets will not enjoy being removed.
      2003 Boston Whaler 255 Conquest w/ twin 200 HPDI\'s. MA & ME

Comment

Florida Marine Tank should be able to help you. I did the same thing to my windshield last summer.
        1985 Mako 235[br]Houston Tx./ Biloxi Ms.

Comment

0 for 3 on the industrial glass/mirror places i tried. I've got one more place to try that is larger than the other companies. Probably won't make it there until the end of the week. I'll post if I find anything. I sent an email to Florida Marine Tanks about 2 weeks ago and got no response. I have my old gaskets and worse case I may try soaking them in some boiling water to see if they relax and straighten out.
          Danny Facciola[br]1987 231 Suzuki 225[br]Edgewater, MD

Comment

contact Florida Marine Tank, they will request samples of the rubber that is already on there and the lengths needed. they will then send a quote. usually about a week all told. they did a great job of matching all of the rubbers on my windshield.
            Grant[br]87 21b 97 Suzuki DT200[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23633[br]New Orleans, LA[br][email protected]

Comment

This is what I used vistawall gasket #1133 got it from a glass company it is for commercial window glazing.
              Jeffrey George[br]Houston,Texas

Comment

Hey Chef,

Any more info on the vistawall?
                Richard[br]Miami[br]Pearson Flyer 30

Comment

I am also doing my windshield and I having trouble finding a replacement for the rubber trim. I have been searching everywhere with no luck.

MuchoFish

Miami, FL
                  MuchoFish[br]Miami, FL[br]

Comment

Working...
                  X