Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok guys i've been reading all of those Mako posts for the past 2 months and doing my homework. I'm a new member who is dragging out the 1976 Mako 22 who has been in mothballs for 8 years. You guys did this to me. I've been fishing a Grady White 23 Gulfstream and reading this site has bitten me to let this girl fish again. I'm sure my wife was shaking her head when I pulled the battlewagon back home yesterday. I'll try to get some before photos starting this week. Plan is a major renovation....build up the transom...repair...repair....did I say repair. Starting tomorrow with the strip down and i'll get some photos on. Thanks to all the members who have written about their own projects I have done some homework and plan to "borrow" several ideas. You guys are great. A plus is that I have all of the original paperwork from the purchase including bill of sale, so that will all go in my folder when i get this "classic" back on the water. Wish me luck and here we go!

Jeff Reid

Sanford NC
    Jeff Reid[br]Sanford NC

Good luck and welcome to the board. We look forward to seeing your pics.

You HAVE been reading up... you got your city and state in even before we signature goons could jump on you! [:x)]
    \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

[]OUTSTANDING![] Pix's[][]and lot's of them.[][]

Comment

Welcome Jeff!
        Tony C.[br]S. Daytona, FL[br]Boatless...for now[br]

Comment

Welcome Jeff,

Get that camera busy.
          Larry Smith[br]Pasadena, Tx[br]\'97 Mako 191

Comment

Drooling for pictures..just snap away - good luck.

Mark
            \'73 22 Mako Reedville, VA

Comment

What a bummer. I got the T-top off, console out and pulled the floor to inspect the fuel tank.....and I find a 55 gallon tank. All of my literature (for the 22 center console in 76)says 122. Anybody else had that problem? Also guys be patient for the photos....photobucket 101 is not going well!

Thanks

Jeff Reid

Sanford NC
              Jeff Reid[br]Sanford NC

Comment

You thought you were surprised? I bought my 1972 22' and was told it had an 80 gallon tank. I too go and take the console and floor hatch off and what do I find? a 20 gallon, plastic tank!!!!!!!! It should come from the factory with a 51 gal. I guess when you get sold something like this, the seller doesn't expect you do find these things out.
                [br]Michael R. Delgado[br]1972 Mako 22[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15745[br]1976 Mako 25[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18013&SearchTerms=mako,25[br]

Comment

I was surprised too! When I looked into the inspection port on my 1990 171. I saw what looks like a 35 gallon tank - set in foam, that appears to be in good shape. How lucky was I ?????

Welcome aboard Jeff! Looking forward to seeing the progress on your project boat. I plan to refurb my 171 and will no dought pick-up some valueable ideas. Good-luck.
                  Steve 171 Mako[br]Jupiter, FL.

Comment

Howdy & Welcome... Glad to have a fellow 22 ft'r aboard for company AND comparing notes...
                    Working for a livin\' is HIGHLY Over-Rated...[][br]

Comment

Working...
                    X