Vinyl Lettering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl Lettering

Finally......my 171 Angler restoration is complete. Now all that is needed is the lettering for registration and the name on the side. Anyone know of a good place to buy these? Looking for something that would fit nicely and not take away from my hard work. It's gotta be classy for a classic.

Mark

1971 Mako 17 Angler

Savannah, GA.
    1973 \"Potter Built\" SeaCraft 21SF / 225HP Yamaha Savannah,Ga.

I tried to have the Mako emblem (hard plastic) duplicated with vinyl decals, but the place I wanted wanted an artwork charge and other fees associated with designing it, even though I could supply the old rivited eblem. A trick I used:

1. Bought boottop tape in the color I wanted and put 3 rows in parallel slightly overlapping where I wanted the decal.

2. Took the original hard plastic decal and photocopied it, then placing it over the tape and securing it.

3. Taking a very sharp fine point exacto knife and cutting out the outline.

You cannot tell the difference unless you get within inches of it, costs about $4.00 and can change color very easy and cheap.

David M
    Current Mqko - 1990 Mako 211 w/2006 250 E-TEC. http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6226. [br]- Previous Makos 1987 20C, 1979 23\' IB, 1970s 17 Angler

Comment

Spend some time looking at Fonts. Thin Squiggy stuff doesn't show well.

Check with local sign shop. Most can do whatever you want.

There are 2 school's of throught on lettering a boat. Some want to boast the name of their boat. Some want it but don't want to attract to much attention to them selves.

Comment

I know I'm never going to live this down, but check the BoatUS site. You can order Reg #s and design your boat name on the site.
        \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Im not sure of this will help but any reputable sign shop will cut your vinal as you want it done at a fair price. Good work is not cheap though.

Comment

Heres a couple of pics of my lettering

Comment

nice MAMAship[]
              Past:[br]1988 Mako 230[br]1987 Mako 20C (best of them all)[br][br]1974 Mako 15[br]Miami, FL[br]

Comment

The local sign shop down the street does the hull numbers for boat's all the time. They even have a disply set up with a couple of styles. They get $15 for both sides.

Comment

Bobby,

Please get me a phone number or web site.
                  Larry Smith[br]Pasadena, Tx[br]\'97 Mako 191

Comment

http://www.compu-graphix.com/

That stand in the showroom has the boat lettering styles on it. I know you can't see it. The pix is fuzzy.

That place is about 3 or 4mi down the street from me. They did lettering on all 3 of my boat's.

X-Shark was the most expensive. It's real Gold Leaf. She told me you chose the most expensive stuff I have in the store.[]

Comment

decalconnection.com does good work and are reasonable. for boat lettering go to there site and click on vinyl it willsend you to there sister site. I use them for logos on my custom rods and the turn around is very quick.
                      1987 231 with 200 Yamaha[br]Stuart, Fl

Comment

http://www.signsus.com/

I just got mine from them and they were great and inexpensive. custom artwork and lettering. very nice. They took a logo I desgined with ms Paint, and made it look professional and then worked with me on a few proofs, all for under $100 for two printings (both sides) of a custom 2 clolor graphic, 14"high and 24 " wide.

One feature that was really nice is that they would superimpose the graphics on a picture of my boat so I could see what it would look like. very cool.

They have this sign designer on their website, but I could not get it to look the way i wanted, so they did the custom work for me.

Hope this helps.

Zac
                        2006 Northcoast 19[br]East Greenwich, RI

Comment

I use decalzone. They do a good job and won't break the bank.

http://decalzone.com/index.php
                          Mike[br]S.E. Ma[br]

Comment

Working...
                          X