Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1977 Mako 20

Hi,

recently I came across a 1977 Mako 20' center console with an 87 mercury 150. Now ive been looking for one of this model for quite sometime. I know many people who own these and they seem to love them. I not a big merc guy but I can get the boat, motor and trailer for 4 grand so im game. Now im no dumby I work around boats and outboards everyday but I am a little worried. I know that mako is known for a soft deck and stern. So I did the transom tests and she is solid as hell in the stern. The deck was all good except I noticed the Starboard side of the console was a little soft. This is not a big deal but I dont like it. There is no quick fix, on this so I guess I have to cut the deck and replace it, and then open a huge can of worms with possible stringer damage. So is it worth it to buy this and try n fix or keep on looking for something else. I plan to repower this summer. So the motor isnt an issue for me but I dont want a big headache

thanks for any information

Hey I got the boat for you. 20' 1977 Mako needs tlc 3000.00 no significant damage but a guy in your field can do alot with this one.Its in Westville NJ and I want to move it soon.I bought it from a marina because it was left there in the water and nobody knew what to do with it.I got clear title last week and I dont want it to sit any more(a Mako shouldn't sit,it's to sad).Im pretty firm on the price but if you want to talk my number is 856 782 2202

Comment

Working...
    X