sending unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sending unit

On my 21' 1979 Mako, I have the standard mechanical type guage mounted on top of the tank which I can see under the center console. I would like to be able to convert that to a digital signal for my dash guage that came with my 96 225 Evinrude. I have called the manufacturer of the tank and they act like it cant be done. West Marine sells a capsule for this, but wont fit my sending unit bolt pattern. Anyone ever done this??
    [br][br]

Get a flowscan or a navman fuel computer and REAllY know how much fuel you have. Cost diff b/t the sender and the navman probably isnt even that much.
    1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Comment

mitch mako 21 - I have had both - the simple mechanical and the electrical. For my money, if it's already working well and you have confidence in the mechanical gage (as I did for 20 years) use it and stop worring about complicating things. I now hate my electrical gage and this spring I am gong back to a mechanical gas gage. I hate, hate, hate the electrical set up. Simple is good on a boat. However, I do agree that a Flowscam or Navman fuel management system are great for a double check on how much fuel you have used and for exter trip data, like miles per gallon or gallons per hour etc. They are a bit pricy but well worth it when you need to know how much fuel you have left for the long trip home.

Mike
      1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Comment

Just went thru this, your gauge setup is made by rochester gauges out of texas, go to rochestergauges.com and you will find a conversion kit for your setup. or you can purchass a new gauge capsuel for the one you have.(mechanical) You probably have a

6200 series gauge. It is the "senior" gauge. Part number 5002s00062.

Thats the number for the replacement mech. style. the elect. conversion is also listed. There phone number is 1-972-241-2161

Hope this helps dave.
        [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Thanks guys. I will call them and see about it.
          [br][br]

Comment

Good fine Dave. http://www.rochestergauges.com/

That one need's to go on the list.[]

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...?TOPIC_ID=3176

Comment

Working...
            X