ringfree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ringfree

my compression numbers jumped up and i am now supposed to use ringfree to get rid of the carbon buildup. any thoughts on this product? thanks

for info last march 121 120 117 122

as of today 140 141 136 138
    91 17 standard[br]mt pleasant sc[br]115 yamaha[br]got mako?[br]

As a retired marine mechanic and marine buss. owner I can highly recommend ring free used as directed it can keep your rings from sticking in their grooves, death for an outboard.

Make sure that you shock it the 1st time that you use it ...read the directions on the can

GOOD STUFF
    Tunatamer 1986 254 Mako Sarasota,Fl.

Comment

As a retired marine mechanic and marine buss. owner I can highly recommend ring free used as directed it can keep your rings from sticking in their grooves, death for an outboard.

Make sure that you shock it the 1st time that you use it ...read the directions on the can

GOOD STUFF

Comment

P.S. the most likely reason for the increase is either mechanic error or temp. or oil in the cyl or a new comp. guage...ect.

The imprtant thing is that they are all within 10-15 % of each other

But Ring Free will keep potential problems at bay.

Comment

P.S. the most likely reason for the increase is either mechanic error or temp. or oil in the cyl or a new comp. guage...ect.

The imprtant thing is that they are all within 10-15 % of each other

But Ring Free will keep potential problems at bay.

Comment

I shocked my motor when I first bought it... and it didn't run real pretty at first. But after the treatment, and giving it a normal dose of Ringfree since, it runs great.

I highly recommend it. 1 oz per 10 gallons of fuel.
            Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]http://ClassicParker.com/

Comment

Where do you guys buy the "ringfree" at. and what does it normally run in cost. dave.
              [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

I pick it up at the dealer around the corner. If you have a BIG tank on your boat and you need to shock it. Get a 6gal tank and hook that to the motor. Shock the 6gal. Then just do normal treatment to the big tank.

Comment

Speaking of additives try running 2+4 fuel additive its a water absorber and carb cleaner my motor loves the stuff but again its expensive

Bob K

Boston Ma

1984 254 250 Yami

Comment

Is this stuff simular to SeaFoam?
                    Larry Smith[br]Pasadena, Tx[br]\'97 Mako 191

Comment

Make sure you add a Ring Free product (I use Yahama because I have a Yama 225) to your gas every time you fill up. I have been using it from the start - early '90's when brand new engines were blowing up from excessive carbon build up due to the new additives in the newer 2 cycle oils. If you don't, excess carbon will build up and the engine will blow up from scored cylender walls. Don't be cheep either - your motors health depends on it.

Mike
                      1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Comment

I tried ringfree and it turned into a clusterF*CK in a big way.

Loosened every bit of sludge and varnish in the tank and I was fouling filters left and right. At least I know I have a clean tank now.

We now shock the engine every 50-75 hrs with Seafoam down the carb throats. Had to take our 90 yams apart last year...a locator pin on a ring failed, ring spun and the end caught on a port and she bound up. Very lucky we were only idling when it happend. Wrench took it apart, called my father and told him what a shame it was, 'freak thing', said whatever we had been doing to our engines to keep doing it, said the engine had the cleanest internals he had ever seen.
                        1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Comment

I don't know anything about Ringfree but, like Larry, I'm familiar with Seafoam. You can buy it at your local NAPA store and it does a good job of burning off the carbon.
                          Tony C.[br]S. Daytona, FL[br]Boatless...for now[br]

Comment

Larry I don't know what sea foam is but it sounds like ringfree 2+4 is made by evinrude johnson and I heard good things about it and as we all know outboards are costly I run it mostly is the early spring and in the fall and winter prevents fuel free up and I also use ringfree from Yamaha

Comment

I'm not familiar with the Seafoam product - is it a marine product or is it used in the automotive industry? What does it do? And as an added note - for what it's worth - I have learned over the last 30+ years doing this boating thing, that if it's not specifically designed for marine use, I would be very, very careful using it in a marine product (outboards etc). These gas additives (ring free, 2 cycle oil etc.) are usually specially formulated for the harsh marine enviorment which the automotive industry does not need to contend with.

Mike
                              1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Comment

Working...
                              X