Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas prices could reach........

3.00 a gallon this summer.....[][!]...the marinas will be higher..jim
    www.arctekmarine.com 203 982 6322 bethany,ct custom t tops /leaning posts/ arches/hardtops/towers etc

If it does there will be a really nice 224 for sale and a guy shopping for a 191 project hull.

Comment

Really doesn't matter. It is kinda like drugs, they have us hooked on it. I do not understand it, other than oil producers wanting to get richer. There is no shortage, if there was you would not be able to go buy all you wanted, in fact recent figures actually show a surplus. I wish we had a President that was not in bed with OPEC, someone that would open the US reserves, stop importing this crap, set a price cap, and see what happens when OPEC does not get our $$. Wouldn't hurt to raise price on our exported food to OPEC nations.........see how they like that......but nothing will ever be done, and I refuse to let them dictate if I fish or not.......... so, I pay.

I think it is one of the biggest rip offs of the American people ever............worse than price gouging after Hurricanes.

Comment

You know, when are the powers at be going to make an electric motor or a bio-diesel outboard or alternate fueled outboard? I really HATE the fact that the US gets hamstrung on the price of gas. Time to stop doing business with the MID-EAST!! We'd really be doing ourselves a favor by cutting the ties with the OPEC nations. Just my mental rant for the day.

Enjoy

SB
        Tim[br]1981 19 (project)[br]prior 1978 17 angler (sold)[br]

Comment

And I think the silent majority totally agrees with ya. F them. let them eat camel crap for awhile..........

As long as the oil folks run this country, we will never see a alternative.

Comment

Gas is actually very cheap. How much did you pay for your last gallon of milk? Now thats expensive!!!!!! When you think of what is involved in getting crude from miles down, refining it and getting it to you local filling station, them paying the attendant, insurance and utilities, throw in an honest profit thru each step up the ladder, GAS IS A BARGAIN.

Each year we hear dire warnings of what gas will cost come summer. I think it is just done to soften the blow when the price is really only gonna go up another $0.30

Comment

last year i did 120 hrs running plus drifting up here in boston ma. For a total of about 150+ hrs boat was used . I don't trailer it. I guess that helps with the fuel but I am going out if fuel is $5 a gallon. My boat yard allows you to bring in your own gas if you wanted to. They don't sell it. But 130 gallons via 5 gallon can is a lot of work. Last year I think I was buying fuel for $2.20-$2.30 a gallon on the water 92 octane. It was only .20 different than on land
              [br]Burlington , MA[br]Previous Boats[br]25\' Mako CC 225 Yamaha (sold)[br]30\' Grady Marlin T/250 Yamaha\'s (sunk) [br]Current boats [br]10\' Zodiac 8hp Yamaha[br]15\' Whaler 75hp Merc[br]24\' Wahoo! EFS 250hp Merc[br]

Comment

I must agree with mako224 on this one. Gas is very cheap! It is still cheaper than what it was in the early 80s after you factor in inflation and stuff. The oil companies aren't making hardly any profit on the deal either, most of what the price is made up of is taxes brought to you by the government. Also we import most of our oil from Canada and South America than the Middle East. It is funny what people think is going to happen to oil in the next year or so. I have seen Wall Street Journal articles in the past few days stating that oil will go below $30 by the end of this year. Others say it will get as high as $60 before it starts going down. The current oil price is based on many things but one of them is speculation on analysts part. If they are still worried about the unstability of the market, which i personally think it is rather stable, then they are going to forcast high oil prices. Another factor that alot of people overlook in oil prices is the fact that the dollar has depreciated against the pound and euro in the past 6 months or so. Oil prices in pounds and euro have been less volitile than in the dollar. So some of it is not the price of oil going up but the value of the dollar going down.

Just my two cents...although it might be a little longer than what two cents is.
                Martin[br]McKinney, TX

Comment

I must agree with mako224 on this one. Gas is very cheap! It is still cheaper than what it was in the early 80s after you factor in inflation and stuff. The oil companies aren't making hardly any profit on the deal either, most of what the price is made up of is taxes brought to you by the government. Also we import most of our oil from Canada and South America than the Middle East. It is funny what people think is going to happen to oil in the next year or so. I have seen Wall Street Journal articles in the past few days stating that oil will go below $30 by the end of this year. Others say it will get as high as $60 before it starts going down. The current oil price is based on many things but one of them is speculation on analysts part. If they are still worried about the unstability of the market, which i personally think it is rather stable, then they are going to forcast high oil prices. Another factor that alot of people overlook in oil prices is the fact that the dollar has depreciated against the pound and euro in the past 6 months or so. Oil prices in pounds and euro have been less volitile than in the dollar. So some of it is not the price of oil going up but the value of the dollar going down.

Just my two cents...although it might be a little longer than what two cents is.
                  Martin[br]McKinney, TX

Comment

It's basic supply and demand with a lot of oil now going to China. With China growing at 8% per year they will soon out pace us in demand for oil. Our prices will be forever higher, but at least the bright side will be that we are no longer the ones consuming it *all*.
                    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                    1985 Mako 20c - sold
                    Fort Walton Beach, FL
                    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

It's basic supply and demand with a lot of oil now going to China. With China growing at 8% per year they will soon out pace us in demand for oil. Our prices will be forever higher, but at least the bright side will be that we are no longer the ones consuming it *all*.
                      1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                      1985 Mako 20c - sold
                      Fort Walton Beach, FL
                      http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

For American oil prices you have to look at what's going on in Venezuela - not just or primarily the middle east.

Speaking of gas prices what-ever happened to MakofromItaly??
                        [br]***[br]\'82 Ski Nautique - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'80 236IB - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'03 Pursuit 2670 - Destin, FL

Comment

I think this is one of the best topics ive seen in a long time. I totaly agree with 224. If you think about the big pic, gas isnt that expensive. Our habits are what are expensive. My business runs on fuel, I have to have it. My bad habits, like leaving compressors of vacs running for 5 extra mins. were killing me. This whole fuel thing has forced me into rethinking how waystefull I am. Im not spending any more money than I was 2 years ago because I had to think of ways to be more efficicant, which I should have done from the start. Im not going to let opec, our goverment or the media piss on my leg. Im still going out in my boat, Im still taking my kids to cool places and Im still going to try to stay one step ahead of the game. I will be more efficiant and put less of my bucks in their pockets and still have a blast. We the People still means something in America. We the People need to quit whining so much and come in under the wire and outsmart the smart asses and drive the prices down ourselves. God bless the American dream!!!

Comment

I am so glad gas is so cheap.[:u] It is my imagination that it costs 200 dollars for 100 gallons, and 40 dollars to fill my car. [xx(]

Comment

While stationed in Japan a few years back, my buddies and i bought a beat up van to haul our dive gear and tanks around. At that time, the yen=$ rate was 140=1.00. I guess i never really thought of it before i had to fill up the first time but the good folks there are on the metric system. Imagine my shock pulling into a station where I thought it was 300 yen ($2) a gallon, it was actually 300 yen a litre!! For the mathmatically challeneged, that's almost $8 a gallon. While I hate seeing the pumps reach $2, I guess I have trouble worrying about it too much.
                              Danny Facciola[br]1987 231 Suzuki 225[br]Edgewater, MD

Comment

Working...
                              X