ok, I'm nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, I'm nuts

Two good friends of mine (they are brothers) just bought a Mako 20 in NC, but we live here is MA and the boat they bought does not have a trailer. I offered my trailer, but the catch was we needed to get my 20' off the trailer first. We decided to do this tonight and had to get the task done so I can get new guide ons welded up, check the lights and grease the bearings. The only problem (and thank you mother nature) is the wind is coming off the harbor gusting to 50 mph and the snow is coming down sideways. They predicted 2 - 4" inches, but they predicted the same amount when we got 37" of snow back in January (I should have been a weatherman). Needless to say, we had the trailer out in 1 hour and I'm inside thawing out.

It would be so much easier if I just live down south like many of you. I'm kind of jealous right now.

David M
    Current Mqko - 1990 Mako 211 w/2006 250 E-TEC. http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6226. [br]- Previous Makos 1987 20C, 1979 23\' IB, 1970s 17 Angler

heck you could have just pointed your boat into the wind, unhooked it from the wench, and it would just blown off your trailer into a nice big snowdrift. []

windy today also but 65 degrees and sunny.

don't tell anyone its a secret.
    91 17 standard[br]mt pleasant sc[br]115 yamaha[br]got mako?[br]

Comment

Talk to your local Marine Dealer. Mine will rent a trailer (used or new) for such purposes.
      Larry Smith[br]Pasadena, Tx[br]\'97 Mako 191

Comment

I'm in Maine, I was snowing sideways here too. I am really, really, tired of winter, snow and cold!

A request for you Southern folks. Sometime this week, go to your boat, kick off you shoes go for a short ride. Anchor and have a beer for me. Budweiser is fine! Just say, "Bob and Dave , this ones for you".

I have tried the beer without the boat, the sunshine, the water and the warmth, it's ok, but, not the same.

Cheers
        Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Comment

I feel sorry for you guys... Is so warm and nice here in the caribbean.... Weather is cold - High 80's in PR (but feel like 90)and the sea is calm... PERFECT FOR FISHING!!!!!

But my boat still in repairs!

Keep the spirit... Winter is almost over!!!

JAPD

Comment

I feel sorry for you guys... Is so warm and nice here in the caribbean.... Weather is cold - High 80's in PR (but feel like 90)and the sea is calm... PERFECT FOR FISHING!!!!!

But my boat still in repairs!

Keep the spirit... Winter is almost over!!!

JAPD

Comment

I just couldnt resist. Sorry guys, bundle up,Ok [8D][88]

Comment

I just couldnt resist. Sorry guys, bundle up,Ok [8D][88]

Comment

I tried and tried...but couldn't resist either[88][88][88][88][88]

85 deg and perfecly calm seas... you are all welcome.

10 minutes ago:

Can you spot the two boats fishing for red snapper?

Not too long ago:

BTW 2 weeks ago we came in third overall, third largest fish, and first, second, and third place lady angler categories in a Dorado (mahi mahi) tournament!
                  Past:[br]1988 Mako 230[br]1987 Mako 20C (best of them all)[br][br]1974 Mako 15[br]Miami, FL[br]

Comment

NICE!!! I wish I was there.
                    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

This is what I do to try to keep my mind off the fact that it's so friggin' cold:

Looks like more snow tommorow!!
                      1982 224 w/200 \'Rude[br]Andover, CT

Comment

Ar Ar Ar. More Toy's.[] I sure would have one if I lived up there.[]

Comment

You know those people who say "Cold enough fer ya?", as if I'm going to say, "No, I sure could stand to be another 40 degrees colder, you moron."

I calculated windchill to be 30 below when and where I took this:

\'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

You see? There is alternatives to fishing!
                            JAPD

Comment

Gary - you gotta stop posting that pic!!
                              1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                              1985 Mako 20c - sold
                              Fort Walton Beach, FL
                              http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Working...
                              X