I had a real nice visit today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a real nice visit today...

Rick Farmer (AKA Justus) and his son Collin came out to Slidell in their 1993 Mako 211 today. They docked at the house and we shot the breeze about our Mako boats and threw my Rapture prop on his Merc and took her for a test ride.

The boat really ran good with my prop. Rick claimed it was a night and day difference. It was nice to get out on the water again in a Mako. His Mako 211 rides and handles exactly like mine did before it went under the knife.

Heres some pixs.

Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

[] Was he going home and ordering a prop?[]

Comment

Nice!!!!
      1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Thats beautiful!![][][]

thanks,vbmako17

VBVA.
        1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

Comment

Hehe! Funny thing. At least something I have left over from my boat still works.[]

Even stranger... Rick and I both grew up in the same town and went to the same high school... except he graduated the same year I was born... [:x)]Hehe!

I used up some of my best luck today too. When I was leaning over the edge of the dock taking the prop off of Rick's boat, the flow torque hub dropped out of the bottom of his prop and went into Davey Jones' Locker. The water was about 8' right there... I grabbed a landing net with a long pole and scooped it up on my 4th or 5th try. It was much like grabbing a neddle from a haystack with a landing net. I thought for sure that I was going to be loaning him my Rapture prop or giving him the Flow Torque hub out of my Mirage Plus prop.
          Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

You gotta keep that net warmed up some how,our state record striper record was broken 3 times in three months.Today was the third one 66.8 lbs.My net has gone cold waiting for my new tank.

vbmako17,VBVA.[8D]
            1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

Comment

Making a trip from N.O. to run the boat next week. Is this an open invitation for members?
              Rooster[br]1977 25CC[br]New Orleans, La[br][br]

Comment

Working...
              X