Quality of fuel fill/vent hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality of fuel fill/vent hose

I don't want to go through all the trouble of installing a new tank just to pinch a few dollars on fuel/vent/feed hose, so what is the best quality fuel/vent/feed hose out there.That stuff is expensive,so I want to get right the first time.

thanks,

vbmako17

VBVA.
    1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

I bought the marine grade, it is stamped "USCG APPROVED"
    1987 Mako 254, 2013 Evinrude ETEC 175\'s (sold to my buddy)[br]1988 Mako 20, 2008 Yamaha 200HPDI (sold)[br]1984 Mako 17, 2005 Suzuki 115 (sold)[br]1981 Mako 21 (sold)[br]1978 Mako 17 (sold)[br]1986 Mako 260 (sold)[br]1997 Mako 232 (sold)[br]Tampa, Florida

Comment

You want grade A1. Youre right, this is not where you want to skimp....

Here is an article explaining the grading system.

http://www.boatus.com/boattech/hose.htm

I just bought some to replace the aluminum fill tube in my boat. I got mine from Jamestown Distributors b/c it was cheaper per foot, but by the time I paid shipping I could have picked it up local for the same.

good luck
      Greenwich, NJ[br]1976 22B

Comment

the only hoses to use are certified hoses-it states the hose is certified by the coast guard and the date of manufactur of that hose-fill hose vent and fuel feed line need to be fuel/vapor hosing.there are different fuel feed lines above deck and below deck - they are what they say they are.be sure to use the best quality you can find

Comment

I'm familiar with the coast guard approved and color codes of differen't grades such as red being fuel/fill and standards sae J1527,I guess I was looking for more opinions on brands such as LAWRENCE,Flex-ACOR,MPI or any other brands.Ease of use ,OR maybe a personal liking twords a particular brand.Why would one be better than the other? Or does it even matter? Boaters World carrys Lawrence, and I don't even care what Pest I mean West Marine carries.

thanks,

vbmako17

VBVA.
          1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

Comment

Working...
          X