Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering a '97 Mako

All,

I wanted to throw this out there and ask for some feedback. I know to a certain extent I am opening Pandora’s box, but hopefully the insight of the members will help me out.

I am considering buying a 19’ CC, ‘97 Mako (from a dealer, don’ know out many previous owners). It’s got a Mercury 150hp EFI, don’t know hours. Overall the hull and gelcoat are in pretty good shape, no BP. It's got a couple of covers that come with the boat, dual batteries, fishfinder / depthfinder, and a 4000# trailer priced at $15000.

I know there have been some concerns regarding quality with the newer Mako’s but it still looks to be a pretty good offer. Any insight would be welcome, please let me know what you think.

Regards.
    “There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”[br]\'97 19.1 CC[br]Annapolis, MD

I had a 1997 231 It was an excellent boat had a 200 merc took it to the Bahamas in a mako owners trip. never had a bit of trouble with the hull. It looked dam new when Isold It 5yrs later.
    meatman,seminole ,fl

Comment

Jas,

Send me an e-mail address, I have that exact model.
      Larry Smith[br]Pasadena, Tx[br]\'97 Mako 191

Comment

For what it is worth, I have a 1996 17'. Boat is solid. Seems very well-built. I have had no problems (that were not my own doing). I would not have a problem recommending this era Mako to anyone.

Gene

Haddonfield, NJ

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input, some very good suggestions. It's much appreciated!

Regards.
          “There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”[br]\'97 19.1 CC[br]Annapolis, MD

Comment

Welcome Aboard Jas. Please up date, in your siginature. put your hometown/state in there. It help's us help you.

That will be in your "Profile" at the top right of the page.

Comment

Damm, well somebody else thought it was a good deal too, because they bought it! Still not in your club, yet.

Outside looking in.

Comment

Working...
              X