Late 80's early 90's Mako Catalogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late 80's early 90's Mako Catalogs

I have been told by a couple people that my boat was used as the cover boat for Mako catalogs in the late 80's early 90's. I never took it serious and have never checked into it. After reading some of the advertisment post, I thought maybe someone on here might know if it was or how I could find out.

My boat is a 1988 261 custom outfitted by Tuppen's Marine.

Thanks in advance
    Mark[br]1988 Mako 261 \"Catch 22\"[br]Westminster, MD

Catch 22,

In the 1988 catalog I found a boat named Catch 22 and it looks like your boat. Here is a pic:

Here is the cover of that catalog. Mako may have produced catalogs with more than one cover I am not sure. I picked this one up from Airport Marine in Kemah, Texas.

"The Ultimate" is not a 261. It is 251 I believe. Your boat is a great looking boat. I would love to see detailed photos of that front cover. It seems very low or am I missing something?

Cliff
    Columbus, Georgia[br]1973 Mako 17 angler \"Reel\'s Angler\"

Comment

Mako 261

I also have a 1988 261CC and have the catalogue from what I believe is 1988. There is a 261 on the cover per the cover scan below. It appears similar to yours but with a different name ans a Louisiana registration number. In 1988 they also published a large poster (22.5" X 38") of which I have a copy. The poster was a series of photos taken from directly above each boat and showed the layout of each boat in two vertical columns.

I've scaned the photo in the catalogue of the Catch 22 it seems to be the same except for the red boot stripe. Hope for you sake that it is in fact your boat.

Capt. Vic[br]Six O Stretch 261CC T200 Js[br]Glimmer Glass/ Manasquan/ Milltown, NJ[br]<i></i>

Comment

Cap Vic,

That is funny. I have had that poster up in my room (despite moving all over the country) since I was in junior high school! I look at it often.

Cliff
        Columbus, Georgia[br]1973 Mako 17 angler \"Reel\'s Angler\"

Comment

Thanks Cliff and Capt Vic. My boat is the one in the small picture on the bottom of page 13. That is pretty cool. Anyone know where to find one of those catalogs?

Cliff, you are correct about the bow dodger being low profile. You can run with it on and it does not block your view. I am getting ready to have a new vinyl put on it. When it warms up a little I will take some pictures of it for you.

Thanks

Comment

Capt. Vic,

I did not see the scan the first time I looked. Can you email that to me? It looks like the original lettering and boot stripe was red. I am geting ready to redo that when it warms up a bit. I might have to switch it to back to Red.

Thanks

Comment

Let me have your E-mail address an I'll send it off. I'll try to clean it up a bit in Photoshop so the the pix is a little clearer and brighter.
              Capt. Vic[br]Six O Stretch 261CC T200 Js[br]Glimmer Glass/ Manasquan/ Milltown, NJ[br]<i></i>

Comment

You can send it to [email protected]. Do you fish offshore in New Jersey? I fish out of OC, MD and Chincoteague, VA most of the time.

Our boats are great, I found mine about five years ago and I am so glad I bought it. I am the third owner of the boat. I just repowered last year.

Hey I really appreciate the pictures

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X