Older Brown Mako Rubrail End Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older Brown Mako Rubrail End Caps

I would like to find several of the older brown Mako rubrail end caps. These were made in the 70's and early 80's by Taco for Mako Marine. Does anyone know where I could get several of these OR does someone have a couple they would like to sell?
    1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Yes! There is a big box of them at Marine Connection Liquidators in Ft. Pierce, FL. The trouble is that you really need to go there and find them yourself. I might be the only one who knows about the box. It was burried under tons of other crap. However, they also had the brushed aluminum end caps with the Mako shark stamped on the part. Really snazzy looking! Might want to check that out.

http://www.classicmako.com/marinecon...onnection1.htm
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Yes! There is a big box of them at Marine Connection Liquidators in Ft. Pierce, FL. The trouble is that you really need to go there and find them yourself. I might be the only one who knows about the box. It was burried under tons of other crap. However, they also had the brushed aluminum end caps with the Mako shark stamped on the part. Really snazzy looking! Might want to check that out.

http://www.classicmako.com/marinecon...onnection1.htm

[/quote]

Comment

RingLeader

Eddie - Still need to figure this reply stuff out but I thing this will work - I have already been that route (Marine Liquidators) with an nice email with several color pictures etc of the one I have left and they came back with "they don't have any". They did mention the aluminum but I would like to keep it the way she was. If you are close to this place could you get half a dozen for me? Or do you know someone else that lives in the area and would be able to get them and send them to me?

Thanks -

Mike

Comment

Eddie lives in Slydell,La.

We do have someone on the forum that lives down that way. Can't remember who?

That's another reason I suggested that you put your hometown and state in your siginature profile.

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=272

Comment

I agree Warthog5 - Now is there someone the lives in Florida that could do this for me?

Mike Aiken Milford, CT

Comment

I'm in south florida right now, came down for a vaca and might check out the miami boat show. Ringleader how are the prices at that joint in fort pierce?? I'm two hours away and might go this weekend-its going to rain here. Classic73- I will be flyin back to RI on monday so you might be in luck! email me your phone# [email protected]

Comment

The prices are not a steal by any means. Some of the stuff is reasonable, some is not. What I'll do is look through the photos that I took there and put an arrowon the photos where the box of those things is located and our friends on the forum that can get over to the place can pick them up for you.

Now there are several different sizes, so you need to measure the rub rail that you have... height and width and post it here so our friends can help us out.
                Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Alright,I'll fess up I'm the one that lives in Ft. Pierce and I've known Ronnie at Marine Connection for 20 years. I'd be glad to shop for anyone for parts. He has a wide selection but it is very hard to find. I would need you to email me a picture or mail me a part. It may take me a little while to get with them but I'd be glad to try.[8D]

Comment

how far is Ft pierce from Ft Lauderdale?? I live on Long Island and am probably coming down that way next month.....just wanted to see if it was a possibility to shoot there from where i'll be.......thanks

Comment

Depending where your at in Ft. Lauderdale your about 1.5 to 2 hours away. You can come up I-95 or the turnpike. Both have exits in Ft. Pierce. Send me an email and can give you directions.[8D]

Comment

Hey classic Dont have the endcaps but noticed tour location in Milford. Do you use boat launch or leave in the water. I live in Milford also and have two classic Makos 73 20 and recently got a 72 22. Have you restored your boat? Maybe Ill see you on the water
                        Mike[br]Milford Ct.[br]

Comment

MAKO 22 - I keep my boat in the drink all summer at the Valley Yatch Club between the Housatonic River's Devon and I95 bridges(on the Mildord side). If you want to meet up some time an talk about what I have done (or the very few things that I haven't done) to my boat give me a call at my work phone 203-924-3396 and I will get back to you.

Mike Aiken

Comment

sunnybeachesflorida - Doing this would mean a lot to me - thankyou. I do have some pics and a drawing to show the size etc. and if you can get over there and get them please get me 6 or 8.

Well I have been fooling around with this for some time now and can't figure out how to attach the pics. Could I just sent you an email with them attached? What is you direct email address? thanks

Mike

PS - what is the secret to attaching pics etc to the form comments??

Comment

It's no secret. We let the cat out of the bag a couple of day's after the forum hit the net.[]

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56

Comment

Working...
                              X